Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Please Help!!!

Old 09-29-2015, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast355
Intake gasket fell out of place while you were installing the intake and you have a vacuum leak.

Find someone with a smoke tester and get the intake smoke tested.
Agree with smoke test, however they way gaskets are designed (unless its a dorman replacement intake) its kinda hard to drop a gasket... Considering they clip onto the intake...

If you have an egr tube check and make sure its seated properly in the intake....have seen intakes cracked but brake/carb cleaner would show that!!!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Agree with smoke test, however they way gaskets are designed (unless its a dorman replacement intake) its kinda hard to drop a gasket... Considering they clip onto the intake...

If you have an egr tube check and make sure its seated properly in the intake....have seen intakes cracked but brake/carb cleaner would show that!!!
Where would I go for this smoke test? And the egr hose is into the intake pretty good. I did have some problems getting it in there but it seems to be sealed good. Maybe the pcv has some cracks in it or is bad?
Old 09-29-2015, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Most any repair shop could do it, so long as they have a decent tech that knows how to smoke an intake!!!! If you know someone thats a tech they should have a smoke machine!!! Pcv hose could have some cracks in it....
Old 09-29-2015, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Another thing you could do is spray carb/brake cleaner all over everything, one prt at a time and see of idle changes. hard to get below intake that way but at least it could give you a starting point.... How is o-ring on your purge valve?? And the vacuum hose for the fuel pressure regulator, and your brake booster line???
Old 09-30-2015, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Another thing you could do is spray carb/brake cleaner all over everything, one prt at a time and see of idle changes. hard to get below intake that way but at least it could give you a starting point.... How is o-ring on your purge valve?? And the vacuum hose for the fuel pressure regulator, and your brake booster line???
I thought the purge canister was the problem for awhile because even with the bolt in it I can still wiggle it around with my hand, but I think it is sealing fine. Vacuum hose on fpr is good and the break booster hose looks good as well.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have a scan tool??? That shows data!!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Do you have a scan tool??? That shows data!!
I have a old Diablosport predator that I use for codes, but XP Racing does all my tuning stuff
Old 09-30-2015, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Spray the intake with carb or brake cleaner to see if you can find a leak, or get it smoked... Youve obviously got a vacuum leak or some source of unmetered air after the MAF or you are not getting enough fuel.... Did you replace the throttle body gasket when you pulled the intake???
Old 09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Spray the intake with carb or brake cleaner to see if you can find a leak, or get it smoked... Youve obviously got a vacuum leak or some source of unmetered air after the MAF or you are not getting enough fuel.... Did you replace the throttle body gasket when you pulled the intake???
No I didn't do that. I didn't know there was such a thing
Old 09-30-2015, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Theres a seal in the front of the intake, did you pull the throttle body off when you pulled the intake???

Search this Thread