Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

NNBS intake on Gen 3 LQ4 swapped OBS

Old 03-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default NNBS intake on Gen 3 LQ4 swapped OBS

Like the title says I just picked up a 2007+ NNBS intake complete minis the throttle body for $125. I'm going to be swapping it on my LQ4 dbc and gonna use the adapter plate to keep my original TB for now. I've read numerous threads on the swap and see most people modify the fuel rails to run the Gen 3 injectors. Is there any advantage to this or can I keep the rails and injectors that just came in the intake and use some kind of harness adapter?? Besides that I think I've got it down. Here's a few pics of the intake and truck it's going on.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

I don't see why you couldn't run those injectors. Get the adapters and let her rip.

I would verify the tune. I think they are the same as a flex fuel gen3....around 36lb injectors. Just verify the IFR and offset and go from there.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup. Looking to do the same to my LQ4. I think you should be good to go assuming you don't need a vette fuel pump to make it returnless.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:33 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,328 Likes on 792 Posts

What number are on the injectors? A lot of 2010+ nnbs came with 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors (12613412).
Old 03-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Absolutely use the new injectors. Just get the harness adapters and update the injector tables. I recommend swapping to a 4 bolt Trottle to take full advantage of the mod. Either way you have to adapt your factory cable bracket or use a different setup. I use the nick Williams bracket and tapped the hole in the back of the WARR throttle so it would bolt right up, done.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

You can use the injectors that come with the intake ( you would need MULTEC/MULTEC 2 (mini Delphi) to USCAR adapters, EV6/EV14 ) or your current injectors, they should both be 48mm o-ring to o-ring, they should swap between both fuel rails, you may need to change the injector o-rings tho. As for modifying the fuel rails that’s a waste of time, keep the rails that came with intake. I wouldn’t bolt a 3 bolt throttle body on that intake, you won’t be gaining any performance that way. It will still be like your Gen3 intake. Your 3 piece engine cover won’t fit the intake with different brackets and trimming. You can use an aftermarket FPR for plumbing that intake in. Or use a corvette filter/regulator

Good luck, hope this helps

Looking at the pic it looks like someone was kind enough to leave you the injector pigtails, you could always repin your injectors using the “extra parts” on the intake if you are on a really tight budget.

And you don’t need to buy new injectors, what you have will work fine

Last edited by MrHorsepowerLSx; 03-20-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MrHorsepowerLSx
You can use the injectors that come with the intake ( you would need MULTEC to USCAR adapters, EV6/EV14 ) or your current injectors, they should both be 48mm o-ring to o-ring, they should swap between both fuel rails, you may need to change the injector o-rings tho. As for modifying the fuel rails that’s a waste of time, keep the rails that came with intake. I wouldn’t bolt a 3 bolt throttle body on that intake, you won’t be gaining any performance that way. It will still be like your Gen3 intake. Your 3 piece engine cover won’t fit the intake with different brackets and trimming. You can use an aftermarket FPR for plumbing that intake in. Or use a corvette filter/regulator

Good luck, hope this helps

That does help alot! Thank you much appreciated im gonna keep the rails and injectors that came on the intake and use adapters from racetronix. Then add the verge fuel filter for my return style setup. Is there any DBC TB that uses my stock sensors that you' recommend?
Old 03-20-2018, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Just about all aftermarket TB’s utilize the OEM electronics. I run a FAST 92mm on my truck. Everything bolts right on. I trimmed the ear off factory throttle cable and drilled a new hole for mounting the throttle bracket. Other then that it is straight forward. As far as the TB’s go they are just pieces of aluminum to me, I wouldn’t go crazy on the TB. Just buy a quality item ( not china junk ) and fill it with OEM sensors.

Example, FAST,Holley,WARR,EDELBROCK
Old 03-20-2018, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Well I'm gathering parts now so ill be on the lookout for new throttle body, again thanks for the help! Now im thinkin about doing the heads at the same time 🤔
Old 03-20-2018, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLW6OH
Well I'm gathering parts now so ill be on the lookout for new throttle body, again thanks for the help! Now im thinkin about doing the heads at the same time 🤔
What year is the motor? Do you know if the head bolts are even length or uneven length.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NNBS intake on Gen 3 LQ4 swapped OBS