Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new cam package... goin in ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new cam package... goin in ASAP!

got back from block island work to find goodies in my house.... next comes new fuel system followed by a RADIX

ill keep things posted on progress...
Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so what were you doing on Block Island? I used to go there every year during Block Island Race Week, a yacht race that took place every year. Shot my first trap there...I loved that place. It's been a good 32 years since I was there last...Dead eye Dick's still there? Probably all built up now but when I was a kid it was still pretty much Pirate decendants...not many off Islanders.

You going to dyno before/after? I am interested in that cam, looks interesting!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

those 5.3HO's were cool little engines. You should have quite the beast on your hands!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trever1t
OK, so what were you doing on Block Island? I used to go there every year during Block Island Race Week, a yacht race that took place every year. Shot my first trap there...I loved that place. It's been a good 32 years since I was there last...Dead eye Dick's still there? Probably all built up now but when I was a kid it was still pretty much Pirate decendants...not many off Islanders.

You going to dyno before/after? I am interested in that cam, looks interesting!!
i worked on BI for a week and have to go back for 3 more weeks to complete all the work I got out there. Ummmm dead eye Dick's? sounds like a "gay bar" haha j/k i didnt see it, there is the yellow kitten's tavern and a pizza joint i was eating at every night around the corner from it off ocean ave and corn neck rd. it is a pretty cool place but if your not from there, your not welcome.... its like stepping in a pack of wild wolves territory type deal but definately beautiful place..... i took pics of the truck on the island while i was there ill post em up...

ill do before and after if you send me the money too
Old 10-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
those 5.3HO's were cool little engines. You should have quite the beast on your hands!
well i see trever's "little beast" and ummm im excited .... just dunno what stall to go with as a "towing" daily driver maybe 24-2600?
Old 10-18-2008, 08:50 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

With a big cooler you can get away with a 2800 like mine I'd think. I normally never see temps over 145* on a hot day.

Yeah, that's how I remember BI, a very tight community. I lived on another island for 15 years after that, it was the same way.

You are going to dyno tune when you do the Radix and cam, right? I really want to see what that cam makes for you.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Launching!

With a big cooler you can get away with a 2800 like mine I'd think. I normally never see temps over 145* on a hot day.

Yeah, that's how I remember BI, a very tight community. I lived on another island for 15 years after that, it was the same way.

You are going to dyno tune when you do the Radix and cam, right? I really want to see what that cam makes for you.
i have a gay-ah-blo sport programmer with custom dyno tune on it but when i put cam in im gonna unlock pcm sell the handheld and install the wheatley tuned pcm i ordered .... after that i will go and make a dyno run to see the numbers with just the cam install then after i get radix i will send pcm back to charlie for re-tune and go back and make another dyno run to see the signifigant gains from blower

also i have 3.42's with eaton lsd..... should i sell the set-up and go with 3.73's w/ another truetrac? or would a shorter 4.10 b better? i think 3.73's would be best but unsure?

32 years since u been at BI, 15 years on another island.... man u must use "Just-for-Men" alot....lol j/k old man
Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

you didn't know I was 113 years old

I was Yacht racing in the 70's, in my teens. Was on the front page of the NY Times Sunday sports section twice...

If I was to do it again, I'd do the 4.10's but it will depend on your tire diameter also.

my hair is natural
Old 10-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Launching!

you didn't know I was 113 years old

I was Yacht racing in the 70's, in my teens. Was on the front page of the NY Times Sunday sports section twice...

If I was to do it again, I'd do the 4.10's but it will depend on your tire diameter also.

my hair is natural
to u too 4.10's good for towing daily?
Old 10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

city or highway? 4.10s to get off the line easier with the tow.

Quick Reply: new cam package... goin in ASAP!