PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   LS1 Electric Fans (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/ls1-electric-fans-370294/)

99LoweredSierra 07-20-2006 08:28 PM

LS1 Electric Fans

What kind power you see from changing to these and how are the motors lasting in these?

adrenalinep 07-20-2006 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 99LoweredSierra
What kind power you see from changing to these and how are the motors lasting in these?

When i installed mine and my little ls6 cam, i dropped .6 tenths in the 1/4. The fans alone maybe 2/10 s. I have mine running direct at the time and still going. Good mod for the money

endo 07-20-2006 10:12 PM

Now that I see an LS1 fan thread sitting near the top....one more question for you all: Anyone know how many CFM the LS1 fans move? Or at least whether its more or less than the claimed 5500ish for Flexalite/Permacool truck kits?

1ImperialSS 07-21-2006 01:26 AM

i havent read many things or people saying that their motors went out, when my LT1 fans start the one that runs the least, non a/c clutch fan, squeals a little but after it speeds up for a couple seconds it runs smooth. im not too worried about the motors. if they go they are 45$, big deal. anyways im pretty sure they flow just as much as a high hp LS1 engine needs to be since you dont really see anyone having to replace their current efan set up with the flexalites for better flow. so i would guess the same or the difference is insignificant. not to mention the fact that 45mph+ fans become insignificant themselves because you are creating enough airflow with simple motion.

TigerFan187 07-21-2006 08:44 AM

LT1 fans was one of my favorite mods. Oviously it doesnt come close to other as far as power but overall affects it is. The guys with 05's and up dont know how lucky they are. This is coming from someone who sees 100+ summers. When I would pull up to a stop light people would start looking up thinking a airplane was flying too low. That damn clutch fan holds back more power than most admit and it does a shite job of cooling. When I was in the market for fans I had the money to do the FAL's but the advantages were enough and the disadvanatgeswere more than enough. It cost me $140 to get LT1 fans that looked new and a Nelson 3 relay harnes. Thats hard to beat!

1ImperialSS 07-21-2006 10:23 AM

the LT1 fans and harness may not be as good granted but the fact that you could nearly buy 3 sets of them for the price of one FAL kinda set the deal straight.

TigerFan187 07-21-2006 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
the LT1 fans and harness may not be as good granted but the fact that you could nearly buy 3 sets of them for the price of one FAL kinda set the deal straight.

IMO! The FAL or even the 05's dont perform that much better. They look better some say but I dont think the LS1/LT1's are ugly plus who cares.

Scream 07-21-2006 10:31 AM

I've had mine in the truck for 3 or so years now. They work great!

agreif 07-21-2006 11:26 AM

Same here.