PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Hows the Fit of LPP Headers? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/hows-fit-lpp-headers-435789/)

dug 02-25-2009 04:33 PM

Hows the Fit of LPP Headers?

My truck is a 2wd GMC Sierra RCLB. The LPP's look pretty good for the price and for being stainless.

Do they fit good? Any problems with leaks?

tia

dug 02-25-2009 04:41 PM

I almost forgot, the truck is an '05

BigCountryx 02-25-2009 08:06 PM

one guy on LS1Truck (Yenkost i think) said they installed perfect... 0 problems, then he decided to sell them :loco:

dug 02-25-2009 08:43 PM

weird

YenkoST 02-25-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by BigCountryx (Post 4140230)
one guy on LS1Truck (Yenkost i think) said they installed perfect... 0 problems, then he decided to sell them :loco:

I have my reasons for selling them...no cats for one and really could find any small enough to fit with a 3" diameter. Two, I could put more money into my weekend truck or wife's G8 GT. Three...I put the stock y-pipe back on and got their shorty headers instead and I am much happier to tone down the exhaust levels a bit and get rid of some of the header tick in my daily driver.

TX Tahoe Z71 02-25-2009 09:21 PM

But they fit well? What's your overall opinion of the headers?

YenkoST 02-25-2009 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71 (Post 4140333)
But they fit well? What's your overall opinion of the headers?

Yes...they fit well. Opinion of the header was top notch; however, as I stated on ls1truck.com...the u-bolt clamps make it a little cheap in the assembly process and will leak so go ahead and get you some good band clamps from your local NAPA store.

dug 02-25-2009 11:33 PM

yeah band clamps would be much better. What truck did you put them on? Any problem with leaks where the headers meet the heads?

TX Tahoe Z71 02-26-2009 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by YenkoST (Post 4140347)
Yes...they fit well. Opinion of the header was top notch; however, as I stated on ls1truck.com...the u-bolt clamps make it a little cheap in the assembly process and will leak so go ahead and get you some good band clamps from your local NAPA store.

Good to know, I think I'm going to try to scrape together some money and buy me a set soon.

BigCountryx 02-26-2009 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by YenkoST (Post 4140285)
I have my reasons for selling them...no cats for one and really could find any small enough to fit with a 3" diameter. Two, I could put more money into my weekend truck or wife's G8 GT. Three...I put the stock y-pipe back on and got their shorty headers instead and I am much happier to tone down the exhaust levels a bit and get rid of some of the header tick in my daily driver.

No offense Bro, just poking fun and seemed like a good time to use the :loco: smilie I know you've got your reasons, cheers :chug: