PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Help with O2 sensors, SES codes won't go away (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/help-o2-sensors-ses-codes-wont-go-away-439452/)

TouchOfEvil04 04-19-2009 05:27 PM

Help with O2 sensors, SES codes won't go away

Well i got the trans problem fiured out but now i keep throwin o2 codes. Codes that wold throw very rarely before are now poppin up about every 5 miles. Nothin in my tune has chnged other than a few things transmission related so i don't know wtf?

It keeps giving me these two codes.

PO153-HO2S Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1 [old/immature]
P1133-HO2S Insufficent Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1 [SES][OLD][HISTORY][CURRENT][IMMATURE]

Ichecked the tune and like i said the only changes were trans related but now these two codes keep poppin up?

Here's the kicker too i replaced the o2's with front vette o2's from the same year model 2000 silvy 2000 vette.

Oh and this started happening right after i had the tranny replaced. Any chance something got messed up during the removal/instal?
But no luck i keep getting the same crap.
Ideas?

sonoma43 04-19-2009 07:18 PM

try to reset your PCM and see if that helps out...just disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and let everything re-learn

TouchOfEvil04 04-19-2009 07:49 PM

guess it's worth a shot.

sonoma43 04-19-2009 07:53 PM

it wont hurt anything, it just might help, or it wont???
just a quick easy thing to try
if that doesnt help it could be a short in a wire somewhere or a wire could be pinched or something like that maybe

budhayes3 04-19-2009 08:12 PM

If the wiring checks out OK, there's a chance that you have lazy O2 sensors...are they the original sensors or have they been replaced already? Have you done anything to the truck lately that may affect the O2 sensor readings, like installed long tubes or something?

sonoma43 04-19-2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by budhayes3 (Post 4184759)
If the wiring checks out OK, there's a chance that you have lazy O2 sensors...are they the original sensors or have they been replaced already? Have you done anything to the truck lately that may affect the O2 sensor readings, like installed long tubes or something?

He just put the vette o2's in but didnt seem to change his issue...sounds like a wiring issue to me something isnt connected or a broken wire somewhere maybe

budhayes3 04-19-2009 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by sonoma43 (Post 4184786)
He just put the vette o2's in but didnt seem to change his issue...sounds like a wiring issue to me something isnt connected or a broken wire somewhere maybe

Oh OK, so the O2's are new...I'd do some logging first and see how the O2's are responding. If they're actually responding slowly and they're new, I'd be looking for a wiring issue that is common to both O2's, maybe an open wire or a ground that isn't connected...

sonoma43 04-19-2009 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by budhayes3 (Post 4184791)
Oh OK, so the O2's are new...I'd do some logging first and see how the O2's are responding. If they're actually responding slowly and they're new, I'd be looking for a wiring issue that is common to both O2's, maybe an open wire or a ground that isn't connected...

good call! :thumb:

BuyAmericanIron 04-19-2009 09:53 PM

I agree that you most likely have a ground wire that was not connected after the transmission work was complete. Although not as likely, if your transmission was pulled, did you possibly pinch a wire between the bellhousing and block? Good luck.

dewmanshu 04-19-2009 10:06 PM

you have headers? How long have you had the headers if you have them? The trans pull caused you to pull down the ypipe thus messing with o2's that were "happy". If you have headers, the vette o2's aren't always a fix for the heat issue, as a matter of fact I'd guess a 30% chance of making it go away.