PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Engine stalls after warmup (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/engine-stalls-after-warmup-363876/)

whitt1 04-22-2006 12:31 PM

Engine stalls after warmup

Guys this one has me stumped,My motor idles and runs perfectly from a cold start,then stalls after warming to normal operating temp.When it stalls it's like someone turned off the ignition and my wideband AFR shows extremely rich 10 to 11to 1,I can keep the motor running with the throttle as long as the revs stay over about 1500rpm and it will run at about 1100rpm loaded against the convertor.If I slow down below 1500rpm on the highway the motor stumbles and surges like someone switched off the ignition and will pickup when the throttle is applied.The only PCM code I'm getting is insufficent TPS movement.I replaced the TPS and IAC.Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know where to start tracking down the problem.

moregrip 04-22-2006 12:49 PM

First thing that comes to my mind is some electrical problem, unfortunetly those can take alot of time to track down

ranwalk 04-22-2006 02:26 PM

Check the wireing going to the tps and iac.
Excactly what code is it your getting? I'll see if there is a bulliten for it.

gonzo 6.2 04-23-2006 09:30 AM

What was the last thing that was touched on your vehical before this started?Do you have a fuel pressuer gauge?If you can first narrow the symptoms to either fuel or spark related, you will be ahead of the game.

moregrip 04-23-2006 11:41 PM

any updates?

haynSS 04-24-2006 05:06 PM

i am very very interested in this!!! I am seeing the exact same thing. First i thought it was because i was running to rich so I leaned it out a bit. As i got leaner in the lower rpms < 1000 I could hold an idle at about 1k for a little bit. But i went and adjusted something else in my tune and the truck is starting to do it again. What is weird is that the truck runs fine just like how you are probabaly experiencing but just wants to fall on its face @ 1000 rpms unless i throttle it.

I know that I did pull the wire running to the ETC so i'll check that as well again to make sure its all good. Also one of the tables i modified changed my piston protection from ~178* f to 255*F. I'm changing that back in about 1 hour and seeing how that affects it as well.

Mr. Sandog 04-24-2006 05:09 PM

Is this with the Whipple setup or are you still running the Radix?

onebadrubi 04-24-2006 06:24 PM

On my Lincoln Navigator I had a very similiar problem. I know that it is a different vehicle. But I had a vacum leak in a vacum line. Fixed that and it ran perfect!

Allgonoshow 04-24-2006 07:51 PM

coolant temp sensor out of wack with do that

gonzo 6.2 04-24-2006 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
coolant temp sensor out of wack with do that

It seems like a logical fix,wouldnt a code be set though? you would thinks so.You could ohm test that sensor.