PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Diesel Killer / fun daily (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/diesel-killer-fun-daily-543765/)

sleeperlqx 04-26-2016 11:56 PM

Diesel Killer / fun daily

Alright I don't have the lightest truck. Currently as she sits:
01 Tahoe
6.0 lq9
Long tubes / cai
4l80e
3200 circle d
4.56 gears
6" lift
35" tires

I use it as a truck.

Need to know what direction to go. I believe I would like the stock stall speed for drive ability. Need the truck to smoke the diesels around town and some of these smaller lighter cars as well. I need it to smoke 6.2s of any generation. I need it to embarrass a new 60k truck. Thus I've decided to modify this one.

Should I go supercharger or turbo charger. Single turbo or twin-turbo?
I am open for expert suggestions as I'm ready to start ordering parts.

FFDP 04-27-2016 12:04 AM

What's the budget?

Both a blower and single turbo setup will put you into a 500hp with not much issue at all.

sleeperlqx 04-27-2016 12:06 AM

No budget really. Blower may work with my headers so I'm opened to that. Like to cool factor of a turbo however. I do want longevity

Jake75 04-27-2016 12:45 AM

with your mods it would be easier doing a supercharger. I had a similar setup to you and went turbo. Looking back I should have done a supercharger would have saved some money.

sleeperlqx 04-27-2016 01:12 AM

True. What's the king ding supercharger I should be looking at? Please advise what's best for the lq9 and my needs.

madmann26 04-27-2016 06:38 AM

At a minimum, a Procharger D1SC with an upgraded 3-core intercooler.

You're stock stall idea won't work. You'll need a looser converter in order to take full advantage of the Procharger. I would also run a helical gearset to keep it quiet. The Circle D 3200, if you specify to Chris what you're doing, he'll build it a little loose so that when it stalls, your Procharger is building boost. This is a good thing. I would run the converter unlocked in 1-3 gear and lockup in 4th at 40-45mph.

You didn't mention a cam. You can get a cam spec'd very easily from Patrick G. He can spec a "stealth blower cam" that has a stock idle but will take advantage of the Procharger.

Vortec350ss 04-27-2016 08:17 AM

Seeing as you want a stock tight converter I think a PD blower like a maggie or a whipple is a no brainer.

sleeperlqx 04-27-2016 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by madmann26 (Post 5357103)
At a minimum, a Procharger D1SC with an upgraded 3-core intercooler.

You're stock stall idea won't work. You'll need a looser converter in order to take full advantage of the Procharger. I would also run a helical gearset to keep it quiet. The Circle D 3200, if you specify to Chris what you're doing, he'll build it a little loose so that when it stalls, your Procharger is building boost. This is a good thing. I would run the converter unlocked in 1-3 gear and lockup in 4th at 40-45mph.

You didn't mention a cam. You can get a cam spec'd very easily from Patrick G. He can spec a "stealth blower cam" that has a stock idle but will take advantage of the Procharger.

Thanks for the input!!
Cam is a comp cam 227/235 iirc . It's in the forsale section but I may use that cam. It's rated as a max torque cam on their website. Plus it's bnib. A specific sc cam is not out of the question.

What's your thoughts on a F1 sc instead of the D1??

sleeperlqx 04-27-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss (Post 5357116)
Seeing as you want a stock tight converter I think a PD blower like a maggie or a whipple is a no brainer.

I think I like this. Stock stall and tvs 2300??? Will this combo be better than a f1 procharger with a 3200 stall.

I like this cause I want to ditch the intake as a hold.

Toes 04-28-2016 11:59 AM

Procharger an stall then let er eat diesels.... Or give you a fighting chance at least