PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Best electric cutouts (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/best-electric-cutouts-367801/)

jus1975 06-14-2006 10:09 PM

Best electric cutouts

What is the best electric cut outs for me VHO. And should I place them before or after the cats.

Charged_5.3 06-14-2006 10:12 PM

Ive heard good things about DHM. If you want to stay legal then you should put your Cutouts after the cats

99Silver6.0 06-14-2006 11:56 PM

DMH or the Dougs guillotine-style.

NeverSatisfied02 06-15-2006 12:40 AM

Kinda curious... I was thinking of doing the same thing and placing them before the cats with stock headers and y-pipe. Would it mess anything up doing that when i have them opened since the exhaust wont really be flowing through the cats or the o2 sensors?

silver-mod-o 06-15-2006 06:46 AM

dont put them before the front 02's... they control your a/f ratio... that wouldnt be pretty

Lord Aries 06-15-2006 07:05 AM

Mine is a Race Ready from Jegs, it has a lifetime warranty and the wiring kit is top notch with it, plug and play design!

JimS 06-15-2006 07:20 AM

I choose Street Pro because of the design. Works fine so far... 3 months.

Cuerva 06-15-2006 09:39 AM

I have a Badlanz and has been working real good for several months now.

goshawk23 06-15-2006 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by la Cuerva
I have a Badlanz and has been working real good for several months now.

same brand i have. seem to be a quality piece.

NeverSatisfied02 06-15-2006 05:04 PM

Thats the one ill probably get.

Maybe i should just keep my cats and put the cutout right after them. Then when i want quiet, i can run it through the corsa and when i want it louder, i can open the cutouts and run them out just after the cats. Would it make sense to do it that way?

1slow01Z71 06-15-2006 05:25 PM

Put your cutouts before the cats you will see alot bigger gain, I know I did. Then I just cut the cats off:D

I have DMH cutouts on mine.

NeverSatisfied02 06-15-2006 06:12 PM

Will that cause any problems with my PCM reading messed up codes? lol I want them before the cats but i dont want to mess anything up by doing it.

xlcooplx 06-15-2006 08:22 PM

are you going to get your PCM tuned? if im not crazy, you can have your rear 02 sensors turned off therefore not affecting your a/f ratio..this way you could put them before the cats.

NeverSatisfied02 06-16-2006 02:24 AM

I will get it tuned eventually. I wont have the cash for it for a bit but i will get in done in the next 6 months or so after i finish gettin all the other stuff i want.

silver-mod-o 06-16-2006 09:50 AM

just dont put them in front of your front 02's... these do determine your a/f... my dual cutouts are right at the header collectors.

kdirectorate 06-16-2006 10:44 AM

I didn't think there was room to put the cutout before the cat. Unless you put the cutout in in place of the cat. I put mine after the cat. I have a badlanz too. The fuse that came with it kept blowing. I think it came with a 10A, so I replaced it with a 20A.

It works pretty good. I run it open until I see an authority figure... or if I'm on a date. It's hard to communicate with your passengers when it's open. I keep it open for better gas mileage. I get an extra 20-30 miles to the tank when I leave it open all the time.

NeverSatisfied02 06-16-2006 11:59 AM

Damn! 20-30 miles is good for just runnin an open cutout! Is there anything to worry about with running that cutout that close to the headers? Dont people say you can burn your valves and shit from the cold air going back up inside there? I dont know how much of that is true but i was always told it was not good for the motor to run the exhaust that short.

I wonder if i should even bother putting them in before i get my LT's and O/R Y-pipe and custom tune? If i just waited, i could just do it all in one shot with the Corsa i already have and be done with it instead of doing it now and then having to have it done again when i get my LT's and stuff.

1slow01Z71 06-16-2006 08:10 PM

The y-pipe will have to reworked but you will notice the biggest performance gain by putting them in front of the cats but after the front O2s.

Order 66 06-16-2006 08:22 PM

Get the QTP electric cutouts. Here is why:
Higher quailty parts
Most units out in the market
They make more than just electric cutouts
Support the LS1 scene, others never have
Others are just a hobby, not a full time operation
Great support after the sale if there is a problem

I have QTP cutouts on all my rides and all have performed flawless, cant say for other brands. Just look at all the sponsors on here and tech. Who do they carry???

And that badlandz looks like a cheap knock off to the QTP. Very familar looking.

This is my opinion and do have experince with other brands, which didnt fare very well.

1slow01Z71 06-16-2006 08:24 PM

Do a search on QTP on tech and see all the bad reviews along with my thread about e-cutouts a while back I believe I linked some stuff in there too.

BigRed53 06-17-2006 11:37 AM

i have qtp cutouts, never had a problem with them!

Charged_5.3 06-17-2006 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Order 66
Get the QTP electric cutouts. Here is why:
Higher quailty parts
Most units out in the market
They make more than just electric cutouts
Support the LS1 scene, others never have
Others are just a hobby, not a full time operation
Great support after the sale if there is a problem

I have QTP cutouts on all my rides and all have performed flawless, cant say for other brands. Just look at all the sponsors on here and tech. Who do they carry???

And that badlandz looks like a cheap knock off to the QTP. Very familar looking.

This is my opinion and do have experince with other brands, which didnt fare very well.

Alot of people have had problems with QTP cutouts. I think even Parish didn't like them.

NeverSatisfied02 06-18-2006 01:46 AM

So i guess everyone likes the badlandz cutouts? I wanna buy a quality piece that wont need to be replaced anytime soon. lol

99Silver6.0 06-18-2006 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Do a search on QTP on tech and see all the bad reviews along with my thread about e-cutouts a while back I believe I linked some stuff in there too.

I can go on for a month on my old QTP cut out............ After a while it got old... Putting the motor back on the cut out. My friend had the same goddam problem.

I wonder if they started welding their cut-outs together...