Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Atk lq4 hp93

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im really confused on the $3,600 price tag of a basically stock, remanufactured engine with an aftermarket cam. Guess you're paying for the warranty more than anything.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zachm89
Im really confused on the $3,600 price tag of a basically stock, remanufactured engine with an aftermarket cam. Guess you're paying for the warranty more than anything.
The stock long block if you can find them cost the same or more. I would like to see this in a vehicle but 460 hp is a pretty nice bump over the stock 345 hp.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gagliano7
The stock long block if you can find them cost the same or more. I would like to see this in a vehicle but 460 hp is a pretty nice bump over the stock 345 hp.
Are you referring to trying to buy a new one from GM or...? You can most times get a complete turn key motor, intake to oil pan, all sensors, harness, PCM and hell even sometimes a trans (most likely a 2wd 80e) from places like LKQ or similar for less, and even those come with warranties (sometimes). Im not knocking these guys products, but for what you're getting, I just couldn't justify the price tag.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zachm89
Are you referring to trying to buy a new one from GM or...? You can most times get a complete turn key motor, intake to oil pan, all sensors, harness, PCM and hell even sometimes a trans (most likely a 2wd 80e) from places like LKQ or similar for less, and even those come with warranties (sometimes). Im not knocking these guys products, but for what you're getting, I just couldn't justify the price tag.
I am talking about a new or rebuilt one not a pull out.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Last week I bought one from ATK and to my surprise it came in a couple days later with just about everything I needed to put it in, only missing a piece or 2 (new front crank seal). I got it put in last night and it fired right up had to tune on it for a while to get it to run right but finally got it half way there when I noticed the front crank seal leaking bad. (it was late I was tired) should have the seal replaced today, however I cannot get it all tuned up yet (still got stock exhaust with cats and all). hopefully next week I can get long tubes on get the cats out and put in the right injectors.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Even with the stock exhaust it has a good lope to it.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slic25hd
Last week I bought one from ATK and to my surprise it came in a couple days later with just about everything I needed to put it in, only missing a piece or 2 (new front crank seal). I got it put in last night and it fired right up had to tune on it for a while to get it to run right but finally got it half way there when I noticed the front crank seal leaking bad. (it was late I was tired) should have the seal replaced today, however I cannot get it all tuned up yet (still got stock exhaust with cats and all). hopefully next week I can get long tubes on get the cats out and put in the right injectors.
How do you like it? I'm considering this for an upgrade in the near future. I'm looking for a low end stump puller that's still a spirited driver for my Z71 that will eventually be lifted on 35's with 4.56 gears.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

I would also like to know I am probably going this way in the spring.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Well i am not too impressed so far, i had stock exhaust and injectors the LS Performance guy tuned it for me and it pretty much runs the same as stock (rougher idle and 6k shift point) however i just deleted the cats and got the injectors in so hopefully after be reprograms it i will see a big difference. However i am doubtful.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Teching In

My old engine had between 45-55 psi oil pressure at 300,000 miles and this new motor only has 25-40? I will let you guys know how it turns out after the injectors and new tune. Just a suggestion i paid 3,300 buying it through my company! Not bad savings compared to wbat they sell them to individuals for..

Quick Reply: Atk lq4 hp93