Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone seen this blower for our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It also comes with a free knife set---For a short time-while supplies last--LMAO!
I agreee a SC is a SC the basics are the same but I wouldnt put that on my truck unless I had money to blow on a spare truck. If neither of those were an option I would go with a proven reputable kit- Almost all the SC's come with a Programmer. I was even more turned away from them when I saw there website-that was ridiculous!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone know anything important about them... such as CFM at max impelller speed as well as at efficient max? Saving $500 and getting THAT without even an FMU just seems insane to me. I wanted to try something different. Thats why I went with the Vortech and thought I may save some money as well, but it has cost me at least as much as buying a Radix and I will not be as quick with my system as a Radix would have been.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

First off all an fmu is is a bandaid it doesnt fix fuel problems, No different than pinching off your return line. Second I know for my truck, which is the 4.3 the max cfm on the s/c is rated at 1000cfm which aint bad at all. Call AL and talked to him, you will be impressed. \
He used to work for powerdyne and paxton, designing their chargers. As a matter of fact he has been working on forced induction since the mid 60's . The guy knows what he is sayin. Unlike some people on this forum.
His kits are very dependable, theonly thing is that with the new cog belt design, the s/c have a loud whine to them. Definatly not no sylent drive. But the kits are very efficient, and do produce power. On the 4.3 he has the dyno sheets from 1998 showing 100 horse increase at the flywheel with only 6psi. So if you wanna base a s/c on the quality of a web page be my guest.
Nick
Old 03-04-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn well said slammed. Like most of us this guy is more of a gear head than a web designer. If you've even gotten a quote from a web designer youd know why the website is a do-it-yourselfer. He really does know his stuff.

The 4.3 kit being rated at 1000 cfm max just goes to show why this kit makes more power at less psi than other kits. Call and ask him about the specs on the 5.3-6.0 kit. You'd be surprised on the sheer size of what there capable of being a simple kit.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

thank you snake eater, some people think that because the product hasnt been out long that it is no good, years ago on this site everyone said whipple s/c were the ****, Now adays they whipple who??? The point is, every company has to start some where.

P.S. snake eater. how do you like your blazer with 5 psi sounds impressive..
Old 03-04-2005, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

"The bearing's are self lubrication using exotic high speed grease. The races are Exotic Stainless inner and outer to keep it rust free. Custom seals to retain Exotic Grease.'

WTF
Old 03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

I want some exotic high speed grease.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

not any different than any other blower. Its the same thing with your wheel bearing on a four wheel drive, they used a sealed stainless race, and they last about 50,000mile before the go. I dont see what the big deal is with mocking this company, but I would expect that from someone who has just demonstarted there muturity level.
Judging by your responce I would put my money on it that your not that intelligent anyway.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Now dont go getting all butt hurt and insult my intelligance. Thats not nice
Old 03-04-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slammedS10
not any different than any other blower. Its the same thing with your wheel bearing on a four wheel drive, they used a sealed stainless race, and they last about 50,000mile before the go. I dont see what the big deal is with mocking this company, but I would expect that from someone who has just demonstarted there muturity level.
Juging by your responce I would put my money on it that your not that intelligant anyway.
Skeptical replies go with the territory. There really isnt any reason to take it so personally. For example the STS met with ALOT of skepticism when it first came out. Its hard to believe what some guy says on the phone or on a poorly designed website. That is not to say the guy doesnt know what he is doing, but centrifugal chargers have been around a LONG time and there are constants. I certainly doubt that this guy reinvented the wheel. Im not trying to slam any product. Im just trying to weed through the hearsay and get to the specifics. Im just not interested enough to call and waste his time.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen this blower for our trucks?