PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   any one use Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/any-one-use-lucas-synthetic-oil-stabilizer-259109/)

Faze2183 01-08-2005 07:54 AM

any one use Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer

has anyone used it yet? i just droped some in my oil change from a couple days ago then i got a decent oil filter the fram double garud....and to me it feels smoother though for 15 bucks for the bottle from autozone it should be worth it....

i used 5qts of mobile 1 10w30 then 1 of those bottles i plan to use it for every oil change if it will help me and etc....

but i was just gunna ask also it says you can use it for in automatic trannys and transfercases can i really do that??? what would it help me with in the long run????

bodyguard6799 01-08-2005 09:50 AM

I've used the regular oil stabilizer but not the synthetic. It's good stuff.

Mort 01-08-2005 10:57 AM

Re your use of a Fram Double Guard oil filter you might want to check out the information here on Bobistheoilguy and you might just change your mind.

Lots of info on that sight. If your are interested in what they think of Lucas Oil Stabilizer then just do a search.

Faze2183 01-08-2005 08:21 PM

so what filter is good to use then??? what about amsoil filters?

hamburgler25 01-09-2005 11:35 AM

lucas products

hey guys,,ive never used the synthetic stuff, but i have used the lucas slip fix for automatic transmissions,,,why,,,because my 60-e slips and i dont have time to put it in the shoppe just yet,,so i changed the fluid and put a bottle of this stuff in my transmission and no more slip,,,,no joke,,,,,i got scared when it took me 5-8 minutes to pour this stuff in my tranny tube as it is thicker than snot,,,,,heck,its even red like tranny fluid,,,,but all joking aside,,,,it really works,,no joke.,,my gas mileage even went up bout 1 to 1.5 miles per gallon as i figure it out every time i get a fill up.,,,,on a side note,,ive known about lucas products for years,,,,its really big with diesel guys,,,so when my tranny slipped,,i figured what the hell,,tried it,,and liked it,,so in the next few weeks when i do get my tranny rebuilt,,,yanktt2600,,,and tranny cooler put in,,,im gonna opt to put lucas in from the get go,,,,,,,,,anyhow,,,have a great day

jason from chino,california :rock:

chevymec 01-09-2005 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Faze2183
has anyone used it yet? i just droped some in my oil change from a couple days ago then i got a decent oil filter the fram double garud....and to me it feels smoother though for 15 bucks for the bottle from autozone it should be worth it....

i used 5qts of mobile 1 10w30 then 1 of those bottles i plan to use it for every oil change if it will help me and etc....

but i was just gunna ask also it says you can use it for in automatic trannys and transfercases can i really do that??? what would it help me with in the long run????

What year is your truck? Any oiling problems?

slamed 04 silverado 01-09-2005 02:59 PM

Amsoil filters are good and so are K&N oil filters. I have used Lucas products before and they are great.

chevymec 01-09-2005 03:10 PM

If you get a good oil/filter , you wont have to worry about using an additive. If you have some low oil psi or higher milage then lucas would be good.

Mort 01-09-2005 03:58 PM

Check out the Mercruiser Oil Filter Study for tons of information on oil filters.

I happen to like and use Baldwin filters. This is the company that makes the Hastings (lower Grade) and Amsoil SD (High Grade) filters that Amsoil sells and recommends.

L-EATER 01-09-2005 04:55 PM

If your engine is solid and you are using a quality oil, there is absolutely no need to add stuff to it. You can actually upset the balance of the additive package that the engineers designed into the oil. IMO the only benefit of that type stuff is as a crutch to help with a problem until it can be fixed right (like the hamburgler did)