PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   420 stroker coming (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/420-stroker-coming-242771/)

jgpblack04 11-25-2004 11:26 AM

420 stroker coming

yea im having a 420stroker done and it should be done in about a month and im going to put my radix on there for a little while til i can get the money together for a kenne bell or a sts turbowhat do you guys think i should do i know the radix will not be able to keep up with the 420 so what power adder should i get or should i just spray it. :bang: :bang: :bang:

MacADaYear 11-25-2004 12:25 PM

Sounds like a nice round number to me :D

BigBlockChev572 11-25-2004 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by jgpblack04
yea im having a 420stroker done and it should be done in about a month and im going to put my radix on there for a little while til i can get the money together for a kenne bell or a sts turbowhat do you guys think i should do i know the radix will not be able to keep up with the 420 so what power adder should i get or should i just spray it. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Turbo is what you need! You couldn't go wrong with an STS! :nod:
Philip S.

Visionxorb 11-25-2004 02:43 PM

you might just be better off selling your radix and trying to get the other, the radix is great but it seems difficult to get it to feed a large cube motor ( ok blown I know about the 427 but u have to admit others havent had the same luck )

2toneblown 11-25-2004 03:10 PM

If you dont have the money right now then I would recomend that you run N/A on the 420 till you get what you want. The Radix will be more of a restriction on that motor than it would help, and make the tuning pretty hard also. Im not a big fan of the STS turbo kit. So I would either sell the Radix and get what you want whether its ATI or STS or a normal turbo set up. Just my .02

jgpblack04 11-25-2004 08:37 PM

yeah turbo is the way to go its going to have to wait this stroker is reallly draining me i tink i will run n/a till i get the bucks for the turbo who needs a radix with only 1600 miles on its brand new still i hate to get rid of it it does what its meant to do so well lol but its time to step up to a big boy! who ever whats it i will take two grand cash for it will be taking it off as soon as the 420 is ready it has the 3.0 pulley on it ooh and btw 2tone how does your truck run with the 408 stroker and ati it has to be wicked huh.

tdogg5.3 11-25-2004 09:17 PM

yeah i would ditch the radix all together. also it might not work good with a cam that you choose for that 420. I like the idea of a turbo alot, but i'm not a huge fan of the sts with no intercooler, personally i think parish8 turbo system is far superior to the sts, being mount in the engine and having an air to water intercooler. When i get my 383 in my truck the only power adders i am considering now are the front mount turbo system and the ati, i think the ati d1sc head unit along with a nice intercooler with about 15psi worth of boost on a stroked forged internals motor would be nice.

BlownChevy 11-25-2004 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jgpblack04
no i sure did not between the belt silping and not being able to afford some slicks and caltracs just could not do it the truck spins so bad its useless it would of made no sense to run it like that just have to wait till march lol but i do beat all my buddies lightnings now and they all run really low 13s so have to run some kinda 12 with traction that really does not matter anymore anyways because im doing a 420 stroker crazy as it sounds i wll show pic of it when done

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=70

Just the other day you could not afford slicks and CalTracs, about 650-700.00 on the high side. Now you have a 402 on order? :eyes:

:STFU: Sorry man, I just dont belive you.

Kano 11-25-2004 10:00 PM

for 2 grand Ill take it :jest:
looks like Im callin 1st dibbs again
Pm me and Ill give you my address so you
can ship it cod
figure out the total cost with shipping
and let me know

Flyer 11-25-2004 10:14 PM

How are you getting 420? dimensions...