Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350 Vortec with 5.3 Vortec exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 Vortec with 5.3 Vortec exhaust.

If I use as close as possible exhaust setup, how similar can a 350 vortec sound from a 5.3 vortec?
I have been searching for an exhaust setup for my truck for some time now, I finally found one that I like but the problem is that it's for a different engine. The truck that has the setup is an LM7 5.3 vortec and the truck I have has the L31 350 vortec. They are completely different engines, I know, but I was wondering if parts are identical if possible or at least the closest possible (mufflers, pipe size, headers, even use same brands) how similar would the sound be? The problem I've seen, or heard in this case, with the 350 is that normally changing the exhaust makes it sound kind of obnoxiously loud or like it has an exhaust leak or a busted muffler, but the 5.3 sounds more sporty, aggressive, or however you wanna call it. If done properly, is this possible or should I just keep looking for an engine specific setup?
Old 08-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

They may be routed differently in the different trucks.

Use one for your specific truck and modify it to fit up to the newer engine.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm going to try to replicate the setup from the newer engine on my truck and see if the sound is similar enough.