Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

'04 PCM/OS in '06 Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '04 PCM/OS in '06 Truck

Anyone done this? All I'm wanting to do is gain the ability to do some RTT with HPTuners. I haven't gotten much feedback yet over on their forum so I figured that I would post it here as well.

I think my options are this:

1)Buy '04 PCM, use a tech2 to flash my VIN to it, and then install PCM in truck. It should work since it will have the same architecture and wiring as my current PCM

2)Flash a '04 OS onto a '06 PCM that has my VIN programmed into it. Of course I'll be doing this with a spare PCM. If I can get the '04 OS to work, then I should be able to "upgrade" to the RTT OS.

Just looking for input on this matter. Either option seems equally involved and should cost the same in the end.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

ps: sorry if this is "technically" in the wrong forum, since it's hardware related I thought it would go here, feel free to move it if it need be
Old 01-28-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump for hope... lol
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
SyTy Speed Shop

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well on my 2003 i tried to flash it with a stock 05 cal file, using tunercat OBD2 tuner, and was unable to do to the 05 OS being twice the size, but i dont see why it wouldnt work the other way, but have never tried it.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I figured out how it can be done now, just gotta get the parts for it. I'll do a write up or something if anyone's interested.

Jake
Old 01-29-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jake,
intersted in the same thing.
Hoping to use a 2005 L33 file though.
I think RTT is available on an 05 os.
I already have a spare 06 PCM licensed.
let me know what you find out.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Moddoo
Jake,
intersted in the same thing.
Hoping to use a 2005 L33 file though.
I think RTT is available on an 05 os.
I already have a spare 06 PCM licensed.
let me know what you find out.
Why are you looking to use a L33 specific file? just curious. You could just do a comparison between the files and copy over all the tables

As far as I know, currently RTT isn't supported on the '05-'07 PCM's, at least the truck PCM's. BTW, do you have that bog off the line feeling from the throttle not snapping open? I've got it on mine, it takes about 1-1.5 seconds to go 100% from a slam.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw, just checked and couldn't find a single '05 OS with RTT enabled. Every '04 I looked at has it though.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jakebdb56
Why are you looking to use a L33 specific file? just curious. You could just do a comparison between the files and copy over all the tables
You just never know what you can't see

As far as I know, currently RTT isn't supported on the '05-'07 PCM's, at least the truck PCM's. BTW, do you have that bog off the line feeling from the throttle not snapping open? I've got it on mine, it takes about 1-1.5 seconds to go 100% from a slam.
No lag at all with mine.
Do you have your >>>
ETC TPS% Max: This is the maximum allowed ETC throttle percent based on the current percentage of torque being delivered. The PCM uses this to limit the ETC opening rate to maintain traction.

Maxxed out 100% across the entire table?

I will look into the 04 os.
what have you decided you want to do to get this to work.
It might be simple. might not.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it can be done. im running an 03 pcm in my 06.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Moddoo
You just never know what you can't see

No lag at all with mine.
Do you have your >>>
ETC TPS% Max: This is the maximum allowed ETC throttle percent based on the current percentage of torque being delivered. The PCM uses this to limit the ETC opening rate to maintain traction.

Maxxed out 100% across the entire table?

I will look into the 04 os.
what have you decided you want to do to get this to work.
It might be simple. might not.
Yeah it's maxxed out. Next time you have an extra hand have someone just turn the key on, but not start the motor. Go look at your TB and have them snap it open, it's delayed a good amount. It will go 100%, but it's like the slow kid in math class lol. Mine takes about a good second to go from closed to all the way open. I wish Matt could have gotten a video of that when doing my cam swap.

As for getting it all to work, you use a '04 pcm with '04 TAC module and '04 gas pedal. It all works, there's a well known person on the board that's done it . It fixes that throttle delay as well, it snaps open instantly. If somehow we could reprogram the '06 TAC module to have a faster ramp rate that would be quite nice so I wouldn't have to buy all this extra junk, but hey I get RTT at the same time.

Jake

Quick Reply: '04 PCM/OS in '06 Truck