Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Well not sure if my eaton posi is taking a poop

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 06:11 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok this time looking at thread the video came up.... ya sounds like frictions, I did mine last year with updated heavier springs.

Now is that just turning? Or straight? Straight mine was fine

turning had a horrible growling weird hard to explain noise. .... however like mentioned above I used synthetic and worn mine out prematurely I believe
Old 04-16-2019, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trxmxzx
Ok this time looking at thread the video came up.... ya sounds like frictions, I did mine last year with updated heavier springs.

Now is that just turning? Or straight? Straight mine was fine

turning had a horrible growling weird hard to explain noise. .... however like mentioned above I used synthetic and worn mine out prematurely I believe
it just when im driving straight... and coasting... thats about it... found out i have a pinion seal leak now too 😭
Old 04-19-2019, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

i have a pinion seal leak now too ��
The thing that makes the seal leak, besides a groove worn in the yoke, is the bearings being loose/bad.

Sounds like either a "full rebuild" of that rear, or another rear, is in your foreseeable future.

You can get another rear that's maybe in better shape, and move your carrier over to it, with minimal effort. Eeeeezier maybe than a rebuild. Depends I guess on your level of experience, space available, tools, time, etc.