Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids
View Poll Results: V8 into V6/5-speed truck or 5-speed into V8 truck?
V8 into a V6/5-speed truck
100.00%
5-speed into V8 truck
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

V8 into V6 truck or TKO600 into V8 truck??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8 into V6 truck or TKO600 into V8 truck??

I'm trying to find a NBS RCSB with a V8 and they are getting hard to find.

There are a few V6 trucks showing up in decent shape and not too many miles.

My plan is a single turbo LS with a 5-speed TKO600 (that I have from another project).

Anyway I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a good condition V6/5-speed truck I've found nearby and my question is...

Which do you think is easier: swapping the V8 into the V6/5-speed truck or converting a V8/automatic truck to manual 5-speed..??
Old 04-25-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Probably nearly indentical in terms of time and work required. Starting with a V8 truck in RCSB typically means 4.8, but it also means you dont have to pull out a motor or do wiring.

Your call, in situations like this I always say "buy what you can afford at the time youre ready to buy"
Old 04-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Probably nearly indentical in terms of time and work required. Starting with a V8 truck in RCSB typically means 4.8, but it also means you dont have to pull out a motor or do wiring.

Your call, in situations like this I always say "buy what you can afford at the time youre ready to buy"
Thanks. The V8 RCSB are super hard to come by up here so looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get a V6 model.

I may as well find a standard trans one then that part of the swap will be done.

I might even be able to merge the harnesses and end up with a V8/standard harness. We will see what happens.