Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Trailblazer converter 60ft

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer converter 60ft

The jokers on ls1tech were of no use, so hopefully somebody over here can help me out. As the title states I haven't found a single person list what kind of 60ft they have gotten on a TB converter. So if you have info to share please do and also include your truck setup(ie. Rcsb,ecsb,etc) and motor setup. Thank yall
Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

I think the issue over on tech is that if you start talking 60ft times, people want you to have a $1500 converter not a $200 one.

Good luck, I know people have commented on it being an upgrade over the stocker.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmann26
I think the issue over on tech is that if you start talking 60ft times, people want you to have a $1500 converter not a $200 one.

Good luck, I know people have commented on it being an upgrade over the stocker.
Best comment I've had all day haha thanks
Old 03-29-2019, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...converter.html

That's because the jokers over at ls1 tech started talking about the shift timing (which you asked first) and then you mentioned you were going to install a used torque converter and were getting someone to do it for $100...which is so cheap it sounds shady

The tb converter sucks. It's like the old "vega" converter for th350 stuff...its just a smaller diameter converter intended for a car with way less power. It'll stall to like 2800 and be fairly inefficient.

If you're tossing it in a foxbody or something light like that...it'll be fun on the street for a while. But it's not going to perform like a performance converter will

Also...the lockup clutch is significantly smaller than other stock converters...so don't lock it up unless you're just lightly cruising.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...converter.html

That's because the jokers over at ls1 tech started talking about the shift timing (which you asked first) and then you mentioned you were going to install a used torque converter and were getting someone to do it for $100...which is so cheap it sounds shady

The tb converter sucks. It's like the old "vega" converter for th350 stuff...its just a smaller diameter converter intended for a car with way less power. It'll stall to like 2800 and be fairly inefficient.

If you're tossing it in a foxbody or something light like that...it'll be fun on the street for a while. But it's not going to perform like a performance converter will

Also...the lockup clutch is significantly smaller than other stock converters...so don't lock it up unless you're just lightly cruising.
If you didn't read that thread I explained pretty clearly why it's so cheap for me to go that route. Like I said over there I asked for help answering my questions not alot of opinions. As far as what you said about shift timing I'm confused because I asked that question and got an answer and all is well? Carry on soldier
Old 03-30-2019, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

It's gonna 60 foot like ****.
Stock trucks 60 foot like ****...they're slow
This converter won't be any huge night and day gain

And if your truck makes enough power to not 60 foot like ****...then if you use this converter...it will still 60 foot like ****. because it's the wrong converter.

Either way...it's cheap and you can get it done...but don't lock it up under any load...or else you'll wipe out the converter clutch then you can watch the rest of the trans take a **** right after.

It's fine in something light (3200 lbs or less light) but in a truck its garbage. The guys that will say it's not are the guys that have installed it and don't want to tell themselves they did a **** mod
Old 03-31-2019, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
It's gonna 60 foot like ****.
Stock trucks 60 foot like ****...they're slow
This converter won't be any huge night and day gain

And if your truck makes enough power to not 60 foot like ****...then if you use this converter...it will still 60 foot like ****. because it's the wrong converter.

Either way...it's cheap and you can get it done...but don't lock it up under any load...or else you'll wipe out the converter clutch then you can watch the rest of the trans take a **** right after.

It's fine in something light (3200 lbs or less light) but in a truck its garbage. The guys that will say it's not are the guys that have installed it and don't want to tell themselves they did a **** mod
Do you happen to know if the trailblazer locks it up under load in 4th? My truck weighs a good bit less than a TB and doesn't make alot of power so I figure I could use a TB lockup schedule possibly?
Old 03-31-2019, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cmorris24
Do you happen to know if the trailblazer locks it up under load in 4th? My truck weighs a good bit less than a TB and doesn't make alot of power so I figure I could use a TB lockup schedule possibly?
That's in the tune.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmann26
That's in the tune.
Correct...? Not sure what your getting at
Old 03-31-2019, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cmorris24
Correct...? Not sure what your getting at
Well,

Its all in the tune. I personally wouldn’t lock the converter in 4th with that converter.

I would tune it so that when you are 90-95 or 70-80% throttle, it unlocks.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer converter 60ft