Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Silverado ecsb high hp driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case anyone is still needing an alternate answer. I did some swapping with a local. Found out the 2500hd ecsb 2wd gas truck has a 3.5" steel two piece that is significantly stronger and uses 1410 joints. So I bought a 1410 yoke for the 8.6 installed new u joints and a carrier bearing. That shaft is also just a touch shorter to accommodate the 4l80 swap also.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A wee bit off the topic here but suggestions on a shaft for a RCLB? I've broke the stock shaft, running another stocker for the moment but taking it easy. I think some wheel hop here and there contributed to the breakage.. reguardles im right aroung 500 with the 416 cube LS right now and have a 2 stage Nitrous kit in the tool box for next year. Plans are a 300 shot in total.. I can't find anyone one who can make me a 72" 1 piece that's balanced past 3k RPMS. Do I stop looking for a 1 piece and accept the fact of needing a 2 piece.? I appreciate the help guys!