Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Performabuilt 4l60e no 1st gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Ive talked to frank online at midnight. Never had a problem getting to him within an hour or 2. Usually immediate.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the responses guys. I got my tech to check it out, "electronically it's working perfect" that's always reassuring. I had Spare pcm and I got the same result. So at least that's out of the way. I'm leaning towards a p1810 code I had when this started. It's worth a shot at this point. Anyone ever worked on a tfp switch? Can I try to unstick a valve or is it worth just replacing? Thanks
Old 01-26-2017, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you get this worked out. I'm getting a stage 3 from them installed this week and am still slightly nervous about staying 60e.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:59 PM

Frank's pretty much got this figured out. Apparently my light green wire (shift solenoid 1-2) is grounded somewhere before the plug. And I am not looking forward to tracking it down. I don't understand how it could be shorted through electrical tape and the loom. It'd be nice to find that wire up above. Any ideas? And on a side note, I was a little worried about support but Frank is God sent. The guy is awesome and accessible. Thanks
Old 02-10-2017, 10:11 PM

Ok guys. I've pulled all my hair out! I went to try and run this thing to our local tranny guy just to pick his brain and I had NO START NO CRANK! Luckily I already did the ignition switch chasing this tranny issue and my fuses were good, so I took s chance and replaced the starter. Back online, however, tranny guy said he's never seen this before and isn't in to chasing electrical shorts. Frank has had me checking my light green wire for continuity and I have 0, right at the pcm. ??? How in the he** is that supposed to be remedied?
Old 02-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Tune? Try a different pcm. Which pcm do you have and where are you located? Someone here may have one hou can borrow.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:53 AM

I'm in the bay area. I have a black bear tune that was working fine until the day it started doing this. I actually have an old pcm that Charlie tuned for me when I was in stock form. I swapped them last week and it did the same thing. What I thought was weird was it started on the first try when I swapped them. Isn't it supposed to do the 3 tries and dies thing?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:01 PM

I know its been awhile, but heres the update. Been talking to Frank directly, awesome dude by the way. #GOAT. After checking just about everything it could be electronically, hydraulically, PCM related and with some live drive time on the phone with Frank...tranny is shot. I'm gonna need to pull it and send it back. Luckily I'm within warranty and hopefully can get my Silvy back on the road. Thanks to all who replied. If anyone needs some troubleshooting on their 4l60e, I'm well versed at the moment. Have a few things to advise, MYTMOWZ
Old 04-20-2017, 06:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

good luck