Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Fully adjustable air ride suspension anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully adjustable air ride suspension anyone?

I have an '08 reg cab short bed Silverado I would like to lower with air bags. I have been looking for a complete kit but with little luck. I did reach out to Ekstensive but they didn't seem interested in giving me info or selling me their product. I have friends who have done custom systems but do not want to have my truck parked for years to complete. Tools and time are not on my side, I would like the homework done for me so I can just bolt/weld it in and hit the road. Anyone with advice?
Old 03-29-2018, 04:59 PM

Never mind, just found GMFULLSIZE.com. I'll nag them with all my stupid questions.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

My '04 is bagged, i can answer some questions.

Air ride technologies and kp components put together good bolt-on kits
Old 03-30-2018, 06:50 PM

KP doesn't seem to offer anything for '07 and beyond. It would appear most people are fond of Ekstensive's front end kit and there are many opinions about who has the best rear setup. I tend to lean toward systems that are built by one manufacture because the engineering is of the same mindset to work together. So as of now EMW front and rear two link are at the top of the list. Most criticisms seem to matters of opinion not on manufacture but on style of rear systems; two, three, four, parallel, triangular, cantilever, etc. I did see many posts ended years ago, is there new technology out there?
Old 03-30-2018, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kp has a rear kit, i don't see any thing for the front.
Chris Alston's Chassisworks, Inc.; - GM 1500 07-15

2 links work but aren't ideal for the street, they don't provide much for articulation without binding and which can lead breaking things. You'll also get extreme changes in the pinion angle throughout the range of axle travel.

I haven't kept up with the tech much, especially with valves. There are some nice manifold setups with autoride height and bluetoothI have Airride tech front arms and kp cantilever 4 link. There aren't issues with mixing front/rear kits just personal preference. Extensive has front kits for narrowing track width to layout with minimal camber on big wheels. Depends on your goals.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:08 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

What I am looking for is a complete system that is reliable, has all the homework done, and I can install myself without taking years to do it. I don't want to cut the firewall or find myself re-engineering it down the road.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

If your on facebook check out The Bagged board group
Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Kelderman was the only company to make a front bag over strut bolt on kit.
Talked with ridetech a little, they seemed to think it wouldn't be to bad to adapt a kit with something like atomics mounts with a 4 or 5" shockwave