Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

DJM 4/7 front camber issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I contacted the company and sent pics of the install, they now want more pics because they have had people want a refund after "jumping" such vehicle.......I just want my money back so I can go a different route like knuckles and springs. But if I go this other route I will also have to buy new upper and lower control arms which sucks.....
Old 01-23-2019, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Has anyone had luck or know how well the Belltech Lowering struts do? was thinking or going that route instead of springs.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

As low as my truck is, the alignment is perfect and I’ve had no issue getting it realigned.

Have you tried offset bushings in the UCA?

Pick of mine.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by slowness
So I contacted the company and sent pics of the install, they now want more pics because they have had people want a refund after "jumping" such vehicle.......I just want my money back so I can go a different route like knuckles and springs. But if I go this other route I will also have to buy new upper and lower control arms which sucks.....
Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. I can if it was lifted but lowered, come on.
You didn't hang on to the stock control arms? Damn, that's a bummer.

Originally Posted by slowness
Has anyone had luck or know how well the Belltech Lowering struts do? was thinking or going that route instead of springs.
I've been very happy with mine. I like the adjustability and ride. No complaints from me.

Originally Posted by madmann26
As low as my truck is, the alignment is perfect and I’ve had no issue getting it realigned.

Have you tried offset bushings in the UCA?

Pick of mine.

Nice lookin ride madman. That's coil and spring set up, correct?

I didn't even think about alignment bushings. They move the upper arms towards the frame. I happen to have a set installed in new MOOG upper arms to.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

This is roughly a 5" drop, maybe a little lower with the BT struts.
I recently lifted it because I was hitting the front facia too much. And I couldn't find a simple way to lower the rear any more without doing a major overhaul.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

So I haven't tried the bushings yet, but the camber isn't my only problem. the caster is way out. I cannot figure out how to get pics to show up on here, any insight?
Old 01-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

I was pricing out the 2 inch drop knuckles and Belltech Lowering springs and an upper and lower control arm kit and its going to equal out to be the same price I paid for the whole lowering kit that I have now
Old 01-23-2019, 06:55 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Man, I'm having problems getting pictures up to.
How do you get pics up?

Right right right, you're having caster issues not camber, gotcha. It seems obvious that the issue is with the upper arms if your caster is that far out.
Maybe show them the alignment spec sheet. See if the alignment shop will write a statement as well.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:00 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-23-2019, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

I have to alignment sheet picture and sent it to them and they still want more pictures showing there's no damage. ** dr. caster at +7.5, camber +2 pass. caster +5.5, camber +0.1

Quick Reply: DJM 4/7 front camber issues