Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Coilovers for the front of nnbs 07-13 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:33 AM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 121
I called summit with these part numbers. I'm just not sure what shock has a mount that's like the bottom of my strut. And was hoping someone could help me out.
Well, you're in the right place to get some help.
If someone doesn't chime in, another good place to look is Chris Alston (CAChassisworks) he has a wide selection of different mounting options. You'll have to scroll through his catalogs, he's got a ton of them, haha.

Originally Posted by 121
I have the back figured out
Nice, looks great. Not quite sure what I'm going to do. My Tahoe has a 4 link already but its not convenient for anything wider than 9" wheels. That's going to be a project in itself haha.

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
I should have the brackets fitted and measured out for Richard either Sunday night or Monday during the day at the latest.

My truck is stock height in the front and just lowered in the rear to level it out. I'll be using either QA1s or the Viking shocks.

Stay tuned!

Current ride height--

Man, this is going to be good. I'm really looking forward to this.
Great looking truck to.
What drop are you going for? Are you going to be using spindles to?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2017, 09:58 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Its a conventional Tbar style mount. Just about every shock maker has that mount (or an adapter kit) on off the shelf parts. Viking, ridetech, fox, qa1, etc.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tig
Well, you're in the right place to get some help.
If someone doesn't chime in, another good place to look is Chris Alston (CAChassisworks) he has a wide selection of different mounting options. You'll have to scroll through his catalogs, he's got a ton of them, haha.

Nice, looks great. Not quite sure what I'm going to do. My Tahoe has a 4 link already but its not convenient for anything wider than 9" wheels. That's going to be a project in itself haha.

Man, this is going to be good. I'm really looking forward to this.
Great looking truck to.
What drop are you going for? Are you going to be using spindles to?

Thanks

That's awesome I'll have to check him out.
I love seeing a lowered Tahoe keep us updated!!
Old 02-19-2017, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Atomic
Its a conventional Tbar style mount. Just about every shock maker has that mount (or an adapter kit) on off the shelf parts. Viking, ridetech, fox, qa1, etc.
Atomic, I'll do some research and check some of those brands out. I appreciate it man
Old 02-20-2017, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atomic, if i could make a suggestion for your NNBS coilover mount : weld the 3 mounting bolts to the bracket (creating studs). It will be significantly easier to install and tighten the hardware for the bracket. Just my $.02
Old 02-20-2017, 08:28 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Yep, Eric just hit me with that suggestion as well, and its a good idea. I just needed the length of the bolt first (which he told me). He will probably post up some pictures here soon.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 121
That's awesome I'll have to check him out.
I love seeing a lowered Tahoe keep us updated!!
He's got a nice selection. Like atomic said, most other companies will have them as well.
Me to haha, its been a long time waiting. I'm hoping to have it done sooner than later. Things keep getting in the way.

Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
Atomic, if i could make a suggestion for your NNBS coilover mount : weld the 3 mounting bolts to the bracket (creating studs). It will be significantly easier to install and tighten the hardware for the bracket. Just my $.02
That is a great idea.

Originally Posted by Atomic
Yep, Eric just hit me with that suggestion as well, and its a good idea. I just needed the length of the bolt first (which he told me). He will probably post up some pictures here soon.
Lookin forward to some pics and info.

Originally Posted by 121
Atomic, I'll do some research and check some of those brands out. I appreciate it man
What brand coil-overs did you get for the front?
Old 02-22-2017, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tig
He's got a nice selection. Like atomic said, most other companies will have them as well.
Me to haha, its been a long time waiting. I'm hoping to have it done sooner than later. Things keep getting in the way.

That is a great idea.

Lookin forward to some pics and info.

What brand coil-overs did you get for the front?
I have not looked into any at the moment. I went with Afco on The rear and if I can find them in the dimensions I need up front I'll stick with Afco.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

After looking through the pics you posted I saw the Afco blue shocks. Have you had any luck looking for them in the size you need?

Hey atomic, any news?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tig
After looking through the pics you posted I saw the Afco blue shocks. Have you had any luck looking for them in the size you need?

Hey atomic, any news?
Tig,
I have not measured what size I need. We have a foot of snow so makes me kinda lazy to go in the garage lol suppose to be nicer next week I'll get on it 😂