Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

CCSB coil overs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCSB coil overs?

What coil overs/shocks are every one running (brand)? Pictures please. Turbo Crew Cab 6.0/4l80e. Like to lower the truck but have ride quality since I'm dailying it. Truck will see track time. How are the control arms and all?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I make coilover kits for these trucks and am a dealer for Viking shocks and can set you up with everything you need.

What year?
2wd or 4wd?
How much drop?

http://atomicfabandperformance.com/
Old 03-14-2018, 06:58 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I'm running one of his ^ kits
Old 03-14-2018, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Funny you replied. I just read a thread about your stuff. As well as Viking shocks. And torsion bars. Bookmarked and subd a few threads about it all. Read the qa1s are rough.. thought about bags but it's a DD. Will see bumps and some weather. The truck I'm unsure on drop atm due to just not knowing how low is too low for a DD.. i just want a better ride quality and something that can deal with the 6-700hp with a heavy foot lol. I'm stock ride height and stock suspension. Getting ready to replace a few arthritis things on the truck bushings tie rods ball joint and I think there is something going on in my steering & 4 wheel drive etc.. But I'm liking how 4" looks but haven't gotten far enough. Some input would be nice lol. Like I said I'm unsure on spring rate, how stiff, weights, what I'd need. Straight up truck noob. Coming from race cars. Building an 11 sec crew cab that can give the slow cars a paddle pretty much full weight, cold A/C etc.. anyways, once the car is dialed in and done I will be purchasing everything at once suspension wise.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts

According to his other thread, he has a 2006 2500HD.

If you do go with some solution of Atomic's I'd like to see the outcome. I'd love to do a coilover swap as well, will be some time before I can approach that dream though.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:58 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Ah, 2500hd makes it more complicated. My brackets dont work with that platform due to the LCA and frame designs being different. I dont recommend the swap at all with 2500 diesels or if you tow a lot, there just arent a lot of spring options for that. With that said, you could in theory bolt a set of coilovers directly to the LCA and use a shock adapter for the top pretty easily.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Yes sorry ran my mouth. 2006 2500hd 4x4 crew cab. Not many people build these things. Couldn't afford a dmax and paid cash for this. 70k miles now 90k miles. 2 owners no accidents got it for 18.5. Sold the race car for a boat. I thought you had stuff for these applications? Which coil overs would you guys recommend? Not trying to be crazy low. And it's all getting replaced regardless. Prefer not to stay stock height and not to replace with oem parts. I think I'll be one of the only streetable crew cab gas builds like this. At least it's rare. I'm bored with 9 second cars. That's easy. But a reliable fast turbo 6.0 that's not some fake lifted wanna be cowboy that never sees mud and can keep up with the slow diesels and 11 second cars that's clean and sits right? You don't see that every day. It's a thousand lifted lbzs and powrstrokes. All sounding the same. It's point less to lift my truck. It will not see off roading minus some snow and rainy weather. I don't need it. Starting to seem like everything I want to do is custom fitting s*** and that's a headache. If I can't piece it together within a month or two.. this will be a donor truck sold as a roller. And back to the bracket racing it'll go. Hopefully I'll get more help on here soon. For now it's a turbo lq with a cam and stock 80e until it needs more.. just wanted to find some better suspension. Stock height is ugly. And it handles like a wale in a wagon. Suspension needs lovin'
Old 03-15-2018, 12:11 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you want to be adventerous you can bolt the coilover directly to the LCA and use the procomp 6900001 to adapt to the top. If you want to measure from the center of the lower shock bolt on the LCA to the top of the frame shock perch as the truck currently sits on the ground I can help you figure out what you need. I am a dealer for Viking coilovers and can get you those. You are looking at around $600 to do both sides for everything.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a plan. I'll PM you.