Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Caltracs street vs track (Videos & Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 11:30 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

is that an et drag, or et drag radial? the pics look like a radial. most people seem to hook best around 17-22 psi on the et drag radial. i did best at 18 psi.

photobucket sucks ***. do you have a youtube account? id like to see a non choppy slow mo and full speed video. the choppy video is hard to tell but it looks like it tried to hook, then unloaded. thats where a double adjustable shock comes in handy. you can leave the separation loose as for the initial hit, and firm up the compression to keep the tire planted.

if you hooked 6/7 passes you're close. i would tighten the shocks one click and evaluate the tire pressure you're running (if that's the drag radial). dont change both at the same time. that's according to the crappy *** video that chops around.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:45 PM

i downloaded the video and it played smoother. it doesnt look like you hit the tire super hard, but it did unload. if you hooked 6/7 passes you may chalk it up to not enough heat in the tire.

also, it still looks like you're losing a ton of antisquat when stalling.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCbJ...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-26-2016, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
is that an et drag, or et drag radial? the pics look like a radial. most people seem to hook best around 17-22 psi on the et drag radial. i did best at 18 psi.

photobucket sucks ***. do you have a youtube account? id like to see a non choppy slow mo and full speed video. the choppy video is hard to tell but it looks like it tried to hook, then unloaded. thats where a double adjustable shock comes in handy. you can leave the separation loose as for the initial hit, and firm up the compression to keep the tire planted.

if you hooked 6/7 passes you're close. i would tighten the shocks one click and evaluate the tire pressure you're running (if that's the drag radial). dont change both at the same time. that's according to the crappy *** video that chops around.
its the ET Street Radial, i had never ran them with the pressure that low, usually i use them at 17-18, i read on my weight i could use them at 12 the lowest and tried it, iŽll up the pressure next time till it starts spinning

seemed like it would hook great at 5psi but the one time i did more it spun the tire so i need to figure out why

so more tire pressure and 1 click on the shocks? (position 6) would you leave the bars as they are?
Old 10-26-2016, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

i downloaded the video and it played smoother. it doesnt look like you hit the tire super hard, but it did unload. if you hooked 6/7 passes you may chalk it up to not enough heat in the tire.

also, it still looks like you're losing a ton of antisquat when stalling.
i think you downloaded the wrong video, that the last time at the track before my changes, look at the one i just posted on youtube
Old 10-26-2016, 01:17 PM

it doesnt look like you hit the tire that hard at all to me. do you have a video of your truck staging up? it tried to hook and unloaded. i would try tightening the shock a click or two to see what it does. if it messes it up, loosen it. that fine line will be harder to find with a single adjustable shock but it's been done.

also, i know you turbo guys have to give it rpm to spool up which could take away from the antisquat. i never had to deal with that on N/A and nitrous setups.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

it doesnt look like you hit the tire that hard at all to me. do you have a video of your truck staging up? it tried to hook and unloaded. i would try tightening the shock a click or two to see what it does. if it messes it up, loosen it. that fine line will be harder to find with a single adjustable shock but it's been done.

also, i know you turbo guys have to give it rpm to spool up which could take away from the antisquat. i never had to deal with that on N/A and nitrous setups.
I already told the person who made the video to next time start the video a little earlier to see if the back comes up when i spool and iŽll put my gopro under my truck again next time out

iŽll try tightin the shocks a little next time

what would help more to put better shocks in the front or change these ranchos for better ones on the rear lets say i just wanted to go one or another for now?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:17 PM

the front actually looked like it did what it was supposed to. check out what settings other rcsb trucks are running. foose04 would be a good start. i wouldnt give up on the ranco just yet, but a DA shock is the way to go IMO. the first pass in my s10 was a 2.0 60'. my last pass in the s10 was a 1.46....i didnt touch a single thing on the truck except for shock and bar settings.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

the front actually looked like it did what it was supposed to. check out what settings other rcsb trucks are running. foose04 would be a good start. i wouldnt give up on the ranco just yet, but a DA shock is the way to go IMO. the first pass in my s10 was a 2.0 60'. my last pass in the s10 was a 1.46....i didnt touch a single thing on the truck except for shock and bar settings.
That's actually what I did, bought the exact same shocks foose04 has and he hasn't even relocated them, but I feel like I'm getting there, i'll make different changes see if I can lower it more, thank you for your tips I'll have an update when I'm back from the track next weekend
Old 10-26-2016, 04:09 PM

lower what more?

Quick Reply: Caltracs street vs track (Videos & Pictures)