Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a group buy of a metal fab'd clutch pedal bracket solution?
Yes - roughly $250-$300 is fine
86.67%
Yes - but I need a less expensive price tag
13.33%
No - I have a better idea (describe below)
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Broken clutch pedal brackets - gauging interest in metal fab'd bracket solution

Old 09-18-2017, 12:11 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Yea I still have the parts, just need to make time to draw up a solution and have it cut for a prototype. The challenge is the way the cylinder rotates into the bracket, doesnt leave a lot of room for reinforcement so the whole thing really needs to be replaced.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

I would think if its made of the same thickness aluminum it would be stout enough for the trucks. Or a aftermarket master like the one a few post ago. If I were a smarter man I might be able to help.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:34 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I would rather make it from steel; cheaper, easier to work with, and much stronger for a slight weight penalty. Considering this whole thing is because of strength I dont think anyone would care about 1lb heavier.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't care one bit if it was 5 pound heavier (not much more because it would be hard to hold up and bolt in at the same time), as long as i can hammer the **** out of it.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes! Thanks for the timely reminder, and I apologize again for the stalled progress. Personal issues (unforeseen complications while attempting to recover from surgery) then caused work stuff to back up and become an issue which then caused hobby-related things, such as this project, to take up a new home on the waaaaay back burner.

BUT! This project has been on my to-do list for a couple weeks now, and I am firmly moving it to the top. I still have the promised email, pics, info to send to Richard, and then the ball will be in his design court after that bar any additional information he needs.

Believe me, I am stoked to get this project rolling again. My truck sits in the garage motionless, and everyday my 4 year old daughter likes to remind me how daddy's blue truck doesn't work right now.

So THANK YOU for the reminder. Like I said, I have moved this item to the top of my to-do list and aim to email Richard before the week is out. Again, I do apologize for the delays. I was trying to keep my head above water and make the best out of the situation. I'll report back once the communication with Richard has been restored.

Thanks again.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'll be happy to help in any way that I can. I was just curious about this.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, fireblade. I appreciate it.

For everyone interested, I have sent Richard some more info and pics to hopefully help him out in what he needs as we try and get this ball rolling again. Thanks again for everyone's patience. I can't wait to hopefully have a dependable solution for this damn clutch pedal bracket!
Old 09-28-2017, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Any idea if this would fit a GMT900 truck? I have a friend pricing out swapping in a T56 into his 2013.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since the dashboards between the GMT800 and GMT900 trucks are completely different, I'd have serious doubts of this particular bracket fitting. I mean, I guess it's plausible but not probable.

I'm pretty sure I read on the forums some time about GM still selling a manual transmission in the GMT900 in foreign markets, specifically down in Mexico. I bet you could grab the OEM clutch pedal bracket from an online parts house. I have no idea if that iteration of clutch bracket has the same habit of breaking like the one for GMT800 trucks, but it might be worth your checking out.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Richard and I have touched base and emailed forth and back a bit.

Just to give a quick heads up to folks interested: with this project having stalled a bit this summer, Richard shared that he has a few other things active at the moment, but the hope is to complete those in the next few weeks and then regain focus on this.

Thanks y'all.

Search this Thread