PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Drivetrain & Suspension (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/)
-   -   Belltech Street Performance or Bilstein (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/belltech-street-performance-bilstein-538622/)

signguy62 07-11-2015 04:08 PM

Belltech Street Performance or Bilstein

I have a 99 Silverado 1500 4x4 RCSB. I've already removed the factory 2" lift block and de-cranked the keys. Going to order lowering keys and shackles next. But, I'm going to need shocks (I think the original factory ones are still under it). I was thinking either Belltech Street Performance or Bilstein 4600. Input on either/both would be greatly appreciated.
(Yes Atomic..... I know, coil over conversion is the way to go. lol)

GMCtrk 07-11-2015 06:47 PM

bilstein

black00chev 07-12-2015 10:28 PM

Bilsteins without a doubt.

signguy62 07-13-2015 09:56 PM

Anyone have any input on the KYB monoMax shocks?

offroadrider12 07-14-2015 01:19 AM

I had an 03 2wd RCSB and I liked the bilstein comfort ride on the rear, with the bilstein HD in the front. I found the shorter wheelbase liked the slightly softer shocks in the rear than my previous Monroe Reflex shocks.

Mike454SS 07-14-2015 09:02 AM

Make sure you're not sitting on the front bump stops...and when you put in drop shackles, you'll probably need to move the rear bump stops directly to the frame (remove the spacer brackets).

I am happy with my belltech shocks...truck rides very nice, same setup as yours, RCSB 4x4, Z71, keys cranked down, lift blocks and helper leafs out, and drop shackles.

TrevorH 07-14-2015 05:26 PM

If you're not in a rush, I'll have some real-world experience for you. I have a 2005 Z71 RCSB that I just pulled the rear blocks out on, put hangers on, and swapped to purple keys. I also put the Bell-Tech bumpstops on the front, and removed the bump stop brackets on the rear. I'm in the process of swapping tie rods, control arms, and shocks (Moog replacements). I bought the KYB Monomax, based on a few recommendations on here. I'm just slow (busy), so it may be 2-3 weeks before I know much.

signguy62 07-14-2015 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike454SS (Post 5301244)
Make sure you're not sitting on the front bump stops...and when you put in drop shackles, you'll probably need to move the rear bump stops directly to the frame (remove the spacer brackets).

I am happy with my belltech shocks...truck rides very nice, same setup as yours, RCSB 4x4, Z71, keys cranked down, lift blocks and helper leafs out, and drop shackles.

Thanks for the input. I'm good up front. Stops not touching. Was going to order new stops front and rear when I buy the shackles and keys. Which shocks did you get Street Perf. or Nitro Drop2?

signguy62 07-14-2015 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by TrevorH (Post 5301319)
If you're not in a rush, I'll have some real-world experience for you. I have a 2005 Z71 RCSB that I just pulled the rear blocks out on, put hangers on, and swapped to purple keys. I also put the Bell-Tech bumpstops on the front, and removed the bump stop brackets on the rear. I'm in the process of swapping tie rods, control arms, and shocks (Moog replacements). I bought the KYB Monomax, based on a few recommendations on here. I'm just slow (busy), so it may be 2-3 weeks before I know much.

Thanks! No rush. I'm gonna get the keys, shackles and stops front and rear. I'll just run with the stock shock for a little while. I'll be waiting to hear your impression of the KYB's. (did you just get the stock replacement KYB's)

TrevorH 07-14-2015 09:08 PM

Stock replacement for Silverado SS.