Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Tahoe/Yukon: T/A or Moser 10-bolt Diff cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tahoe/Yukon: T/A or Moser 10-bolt Diff cover

Did a search but couldn't fand anything specific.

Has anyone installed a T/A Performance or Moser diff cover on the 01-03 Tahoe or Yukon? Does it clear the panhard rod? Don't want to purchase then have it not fit...
Old 06-17-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the Moser cover does not have carrier preload bolts like the T/A cover, then get the T/A. If the Moser does have the carrier preload bolts and it is the same price, then I would still go with the T/A (because of T/A's reputation). The only instance where I would go with the Moser is if it is cheaper.

Most any diff cover will give you added torsional rigidity, but only a couple preload the carrier, and the stock 10-bolt/8.6" rear needs all the help it can get.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TBSS
If the Moser cover does not have carrier preload bolts like the T/A cover, then get the T/A. If the Moser does have the carrier preload bolts and it is the same price, then I would still go with the T/A (because of T/A's reputation). The only instance where I would go with the Moser is if it is cheaper.

Most any diff cover will give you added torsional rigidity, but only a couple preload the carrier, and the stock 10-bolt/8.6" rear needs all the help it can get.
Thats why I'm looking at these type covers...I have a chromed ACDelco cover but would like the extra support. Still wondering if the Moser/TA covers will fit under the panhard rod that crosses directly behind the diff cover on Tahoes/Yukons.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the problem I had with the Avalanche, there was only an inch between the stock diff cover and the panhard bar. Right around the time I was selling the Avalanche, T/A came out with a newer cover that was lower profile than their regular cover for the 8.6" 10-bolt. I never got a chance to try it because I sold the vehicle. But you may want to call them and see if it would work in your application. By now they may know for sure what vehicles it works on (like ours with the 5-link). Also, you can only get this low-profile cover directly through them - none of their distributors carry it.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TBSS
That's the problem I had with the Avalanche, there was only an inch between the stock diff cover and the panhard bar. Right around the time I was selling the Avalanche, T/A came out with a newer cover that was lower profile than their regular cover for the 8.6" 10-bolt. I never got a chance to try it because I sold the vehicle. But you may want to call them and see if it would work in your application. By now they may know for sure what vehicles it works on (like ours with the 5-link). Also, you can only get this low-profile cover directly through them - none of their distributors carry it. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Glad I asked the question...thanks for the info! I'll see what they're asking and post up if I get it.