Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

6.2 A8 2016 shudder

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6.2 A8 2016 shudder

This past month my 2016 developed a shudder and rpm variation on the way to the track to watch a buddy in his 68 Charger. Wife pulled her horse trailer and shook enough she noticed!

Perfect description in the TSB that a reflash computer software and if still then a new convertor. TSB dated Oct 2015.

So of course they "could not duplicate" as almost all the driveability issues and the truck before I bought it had a new flash. EVen told them we'll pull the horse trailer up and go for a ride! They did reflash with a newer update reluctantly. If that does not fix it GM has still not made the convertor available in parts!! This is over 1 year on the TSB.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

It's because GM engineering still has not resolved what the issue is..... why release what might work and might not lol. I offered to load my bed with weight to show them my vibration complaint but they really weren't interested.... and unlike a lot of people who apparently have nothing but time I don't feel like driving town to town to find someone that does... and have to pay to rent a vehicle to go home in. Enough was enough......There is a simple solution..... do like I did and sell the truck.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been pondering selling it since I just got it back from body shop and totally new frame after a 5.0 Mustang T boned the front end.

I really like the power shame the tranny is a FUBAR. Service writer said in the 6 months he's been there had maybe 200+ with the same issue!

I really like the 6.2 and the brakes on the truck but the 8 speed hunting for gears and the throttle by wire lag drives me crazy.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Yeah the small town dealer I am in has had piles of them too.. I bought my old 04 GMC light duty 2500 back from the guy I sold it to 2 years ago. He put 4000 miles on it in that time lol.. and it has like 85000 miles total on it. So it's going for some minor paint touch up... I already ordered a TVS 2300 kit and headers/ full exhaust. It has the suspension to handle my 22' car trailer with no issues and no stupid transmission that can't do anything correctly. My truck had constant transmission problems. .. paint and body was total trash and it vibrated violently with any type of tongue weight or load in the bed.... no thanks. Plus it was shitty on fuel so really no gain over my old 6 liter beyond power.... supercharger and whatnot will more than make up for it. I'm done with new GM junk trucks for a long time.

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 12-12-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had no idea the new trucks had so many probs. Too bad, they're nice looking.