Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

40k TruCool Install Lots of pics...

Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40k TruCool Install Lots of pics...

Assuming you've removed the grill, headlights and top plastic shroud..
The original lower support bar for the OEM cooler will be removed in order to attach the True cool to it's bottom tabs.

My fittings were so rusted that I decided to cut the lines and improvise using one of the supplied Trucool fittings and 1 90* tube fitting that I had saved from a previous job.

Lines cut to length and lightly bulbed with flairing tool to aid in hose retention.

I removed the bolted attach point for the PS cooler on the face of the frame that the True cool would mount against to avoid interference and chaffing. Drilled a new hole with a 90* drill and put a sheet metal screw in the bracket to add support.

Here's how I used the stock original lower mount cross bar and mounting straps modified to tie the cooler into the upper part of the cooler mount frame work.

Note I remounted the temperature sensor on the vertical PS cooler mount bracket, neat and out of the way, barely visible to the right of the cooler.

Minor trimming of the center grill support to provide clearance for the additional thickness of the Trucool. All in all a pretty straight forward install. Now I'm ready for my Dearle +2 pan and Circle D 28-3200 convertor.

Pan and mechanical Autometer trans temp gauge today, converter next week.
Attached Thumbnails 40k TruCool Install Lots of pics...-img_0043.jpg   40k TruCool Install Lots of pics...-img_0045.jpg   40k TruCool Install Lots of pics...-img_0049.jpg   40k TruCool Install Lots of pics...-img_0050.jpg