General Truck Racing and Discussion Baja, Stadium, Craftsman Truck Series, Offroad, Sleds, Mudding, Monster Trucks

Gears and posi help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears and posi help

I have an 03 4.8 silverado that I'm making my hotrod truck. I've had cam and stall done as well as cold air, electric fan and tune. Next is gears and posi but I don't know enough to know what kit to get. Any help will be much appreciated. This is still a daily driver and occasional trip truck so I don't need 1000 horse power. My plan is to get right around 5 or 600hp.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Raiderjim
I have an 03 4.8 silverado that I'm making my hotrod truck. I've had cam and stall done as well as cold air, electric fan and tune. Next is gears and posi but I don't know enough to know what kit to get. Any help will be much appreciated. This is still a daily driver and occasional trip truck so I don't need 1000 horse power. My plan is to get right around 5 or 600hp.
Depending on the mileage of the truck, I'd recommend a complete rebuild. Start fresh.

Cause you know just as soon as you open the diff cover and seal it back up, one if those pesky wheel bearings will start making noise.

The TruTrac is pretty popular and is a solid unit. As for the gear itself, 4.10s are a good kick in the pants.