PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FUEL SYSTEMS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/fuel-systems-210/)
-   -   vette filter issues (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/fuel-systems-210/vette-filter-issues-517970/)

greasemykey 05-19-2013 02:49 PM

i have been looking online and there are alot of different walbro 255 pumps. which one is it that fits in the bucket?

greasemykey 05-20-2013 08:28 PM

talked to a racetronix dealer and they dont think its a fuel pump issue. they feel its a tune issue. so its time to find a new tuner.

oakley6575 05-21-2013 03:46 PM

I just installed the racetronix kit with a hotwire set up and it was fast and simple. I would recommend it for sure. You will need the extra pump with your mods so I would go ahead and do the swap.

Not sure how you can mess up a closed loop tune. Especially if you are charging $550

AJII 05-21-2013 04:38 PM

Did you just put the vette filter into the fuel rail fitting and then put the stock line in the vette filter? If so, won't work that way...will kink as you've noted.

greasemykey 05-21-2013 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by oakley6575 (Post 5105787)
I just installed the racetronix kit with a hotwire set up and it was fast and simple. I would recommend it for sure. You will need the extra pump with your mods so I would go ahead and do the swap.

Not sure how you can mess up a closed loop tune. Especially if you are charging $550

i talked to racetronix or a dealer for them rather and he explained that i do not need the 255. i am getting 65psi at idle and only a 1 or 2 psi drop when i rev the engine. even the new tuner i found told me not to waste the money on a 255. the issue is the dumb ass that tuned the truck and recommended the wrong plugs and spark plug gap. i deffinitly do not want a closed loop tune. i want the O2 sensors to work properly.

now yes i did just shove the filter onto the square rails and hook up the fuel lines and you are correct it does not work that way. looking back i have made alot of rookie mistakes but that happens to everyone i guess. now how do you do this the right way to not get kinks? am i going to have to suck it up and build my own hoses from the factory filter up? is there a company that makes the hoses i can just buy? im at a point where im getting overwhelmed with little shit and im getting burned out quick.

WhiteChevy3 05-21-2013 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by AJII (Post 5105806)
Did you just put the vette filter into the fuel rail fitting and then put the stock line in the vette filter? If so, won't work that way...will kink as you've noted.

this is what i did... its kinda kinked but it does not cause me any problems..
i am planning on fixing it asap though.. you could just cut back the ends off of the lines by the firewall and buy some fuel line to slip over them and attach the ends u cut off to the filter to the hoses... might not look the best but would un kink it...

wonder what everyone else has done...

greasemykey 05-23-2013 05:51 PM

so no one has a vette filter installed without kinking the hose? someone put up some pics i would like to see how you did it.

on another note pulled the plugs from the truck and all 8 are white. he has this truck tuned so lean i dont know how its running. called visa and filed a claim against Nick at Newtech and got 450 of my original 550 back.

Fastcount03 06-29-2013 11:04 PM

I am having the same problem with the lines. I am curious as to how everyone else is fixing this issue.

JDC 07-01-2013 09:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I mounted the filter further up on the fuel rail with a vynl cable clamp. And looped a line back into the rail. Cant seem to get pics to up load. I'll keep trying. there you go.