FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

some help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some help please

I'm having a fuel issue. I just changed my fuel system. I went from 42 lb injectors to 60 # injectors. I was previously running a stock pump and a inline 044 pump. I was tired of the noise so I bought a aeromotive 340 and put it in the tank. We were tuning it yestarday and I am losing fuel pressure over 9 psi and going lean I am planning on running 15 lbs. I also changed my modified fuel rails (stock with crossovers on both ends) to stock rails. Ok about the truck it is an 03 sierra with a forged 5.3, and a home built turbo setup with an ebay turbo. I have ran 15 lbs with the old setup just replacexd the engine with the forged setup so I wanted a better fuel system to support more boost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

update so tonight i modified my fuel bucket so the pump can sit all the way at the bottom of the tank, i also am planning to order a hotwire kit so just for testing i ran a piece of ten gauge wire to the pump from the alternator to verify that it wasnt losing voltage. no change at all. any ideas? when it ges above about 5 psi fuel pressure drops almost to zero.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

new 340 bad
leak in the tank
not tuned for 60's and just pouring out the pressure
enough fuel in the tank to prevent starving

...just the ideas I had after the read.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:15 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you use the correct high pressure submersible fuel line? If not, the line may have ruptured in the tank, I've seen that mistake made.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Have went back to my previous setup. Stock in tank unit with a walbro inline. Same issue. Any ideas?