FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Returnless 450

Old 04-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by darkirish63
​​​​​​​So, if I remove the Venturi at the bottom of my '04 bucket as shown in your video, do I need to do anything else to run the 450?
You remove it and drill out the hole some to allow more flow, then put it back in.
Originally Posted by rpm-inc
Doing it as cheap as possible with parts I have laying around. What are the shortfalls?
The shortfall is no benefit of a real return system. Having a rail mounted FPR to adjust pressure based on boost/vac. Increased fueling abilities, better large injector control due to lower idle fuel pressure.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
You remove it and drill out the hole some to allow more flow, then put it back in.

The shortfall is no benefit of a real return system. Having a rail mounted FPR to adjust pressure based on boost/vac. Increased fueling abilities, better large injector control due to lower idle fuel pressure.
I think I will have all that? The regulator isn't plumbed the same, and I have to crawl under the truck to change pressure instead of under the hood is all that is different?
Old 04-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

For an effective return system you want the regulator as close to the rail as possible. The factory tank has a regulator, your just moving it outside of the tank. Will it be better then stock, ya but still not the same as a real return system. I am not knocking you, just curious your reasoning. I played the return/ return less game before and now that I fully converted I wish I did way sooner instead of messing around.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I know my application is not a GMT800 but, I have my regulator mounted on my frame rail in my 1961 C-10. Didn't want to run more hose as, braided teflon is not cheap and wanted to try to keep the fuel from heating up in the engine bay and wanted to make the engine bay look as "61ish" as possible. Not really sure the difference it makes weather it's on the frame rail near the tank or at the fuel rail, this is the only external regulator setup I have done. It has worked great for me from what I have logged with an electronic pressure sender in the rail on my HPtuners. Pressure stays consistent and no issues out of an external 255lph.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
For an effective return system you want the regulator as close to the rail as possible. The factory tank has a regulator, your just moving it outside of the tank. Will it be better then stock, ya but still not the same as a real return system. I am not knocking you, just curious your reasoning. I played the return/ return less game before and now that I fully converted I wish I did way sooner instead of messing around.

Yep, I understand all that. Reasoning is its the cheapest way for me to do it with stuff I have laying around. Should probably just start a build thread....

Search this Thread