FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Nnbs return fuel system wiring fpcm

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just gutted the stock basket on mine and dropped a 525 in it fuel pressure does fluctuate on 1/8 tank or less on hard acceleration too
Old 05-15-2019, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You just lay it in the bottom no secured? Did you run bigger gauge wire for the pump? Wonder how much amp is draws. Nobody had a cure to the Venturi problem or has success? How do the hellcats and performance high power cars do it then?
Old 05-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hellcat draws abor 25 amps At 60 psi. With radium engineering Venturi it can suck more fuel into the bucket keeping it full and co the pump. Many people can just lay it in the tank and go race on the weekend. My truck is a daily driver and I don’t want heat to destroy the life of the pump. The stock Venturi worked but it was too small to suck enough fuel into the bucket when the tank was less than 1/4 to 1/8 full and at WOT the performance pump drained the bucket and the Venturi couldn’t keep up. I’m sure others have done without the Venturi and they have no issues or have just laid the pump in the tank with no issues.

Last edited by RySmDPT14; 05-15-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevykev
You just lay it in the bottom no secured? Did you run bigger gauge wire for the pump? Wonder how much amp is draws. Nobody had a cure to the Venturi problem or has success? How do the hellcats and performance high power cars do it then?
It’s zip tied just drilled two small holes on the side, stock wiring still intact.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by La trakalosa
It’s zip tied just drilled two small holes on the side, stock wiring still intact.
Man that seems like a little high amperage for stock #12 wire.. my truck will be a weekend truck but I tow with it and use it for raid trips so it needs to be daily drivable Incase I need the truck. Can you send me a link to the new Venturi your buying? It just replaces the stock one just bigger? I don’t really plan on going wot pulls on 1/8th of a tank. This truck probably will never see the track to be honest
Old 05-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Venturi Jet Pump Kit that’s the Venturi, I checked with aeromotive and they recommended using it on the feed side per radius instructions. They also said there will be a decrease in flow from the pump of course as some is being diverted to the Venturi but negligible and benefits outweigh costs. The amperage draw is why I upgraded the wiring. as psi increases amp draw increases, not having right size wire will not allow the pump to operate at full potential.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:30 AM
Launching!

Tell that to the guy above lol but I’m still interested in pics of you build to get an idea of what mine will be like. You have the 5.3 crew cab 4x4 Sierra? What trans you running?
Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Launching!

What pics you looking for. I have the wiring and fuel system apart in the engine bay so let me know.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:07 PM
Launching!

The wire to tap into, what connector it is and maybe of the relays you used and where they’re located? Text me 6502189005
Old 05-20-2019, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Post pics on here for all to see.
The thread i was looking into got closed for some reason.

I was wanting to tap into the FPCM, but since then, i dont think that will be an option anymore.

Im doing duals though, with a Hobbs switch, any help is appreciated

Quick Reply: Nnbs return fuel system wiring fpcm