FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

e85 on 2014+ Silverados

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default e85 on 2014+ Silverados

Searched, but didn't find any results.

I have a 2018 Silverado 5.3, non-flex fuel. Unfortunately there were no more flex-fuel trucks in April when they had that 12k off MSRP so I settled on one without it.

From my understanding, it was a $100 option for flex fuel. Can I just add the fuel sensor to my truck and start running e85? Or do I need the sensor and a tune? Thank you.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Sensor and a tune.

You must enable the flex fuel features in the tune and make sure everything works.
The following users liked this post:
Slowyota (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFDP
Sensor and a tune.

You must enable the flex fuel features in the tune and make sure everything works.
Thank you very much.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Options for the sensor? Probably not plug and play. I’m sure HPTuners can “activate” it.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-1357742...tW4kUR&vxp=mtr

I bought this sensor from amazon, then bought the wire harness connector for another 7-8 bucks. They make one of them with longer hard lines but you'll have to dig around for one other those or make fittings for your fuel line.

It's a direct plug and play once you wire it in and enable the sensor is the tune file. Yes, HP Tuners can do this.
The following users liked this post:
Slapps74 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

So, if your tune is good on gas will it be good on e85 and vise versa?
Old 09-06-2018, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Correct.

The alcohol sensor will adjust stoich as required and once it's reached the proper content the fuel trims will fall back in line just like before. It seems to take several miles on my truck with the settings I have to reach the new alcohol content.

I have an older E38 computer so the settings were very simple. I have not done anything with the E92 computers in the direct injected trucks, so there could be an extra step or two to enable everything in the tune file and make it work as if there was a sensor from the factory.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FFDP
Correct.

The alcohol sensor will adjust stoich as required and once it's reached the proper content the fuel trims will fall back in line just like before. It seems to take several miles on my truck with the settings I have to reach the new alcohol content.

I have an older E38 computer so the settings were very simple. I have not done anything with the E92 computers in the direct injected trucks, so there could be an extra step or two to enable everything in the tune file and make it work as if there was a sensor from the factory.
Thanks. I bought the CJ Tunes and got hosed for a sensor. Install will be easy but whatever. I am going to swap over to LT4 injectors and then re-tune. I already have the +32% on the cam lobe so we will see how long it takes to run out of fuel. I curious to how long the low side cant keep up?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

FFDP

Can you explain how you spliced it into your existing fuel lines. I want to do this on my 6.2 but I know nothing about how to hook up hard fuel lines.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

All I really did was disconnect the factory fuel line from the fuel rail, install the sensor in one side of that fuel line and bought a few fuel injection fittings/adapters and a piece of high pressure fuel line to connect back to the fuel rail.

My truck was a 2012 so it's going to different on a K2XX truck with direct injection. I am not exactly sure where the fuel line runs and where the best place would be to install the sensor.

DSX Tuning makes a plug and play kit with hard lines and connectors already. It's either buy that or copy what he does yourself for cheaper. His kit does make the power wire side of it easy, it uses a coil pack adapter harness if I remember right to steal a power/ground source. Then you wire it to the computer. The other option is to just wire to ground and wire to the fuse block with a add a circuit. Then create the fuel line fittings and line for the sensor.

https://dsxtuning.com/collections/fl...-2014-gm-truck

Quick Reply: e85 on 2014+ Silverados