FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Dual pump build ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like that setup! I am actually going to buy that assembly now!
Old 06-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmymax

Will the return be enough to keep the bucket full? I can run a line from the return to the bottom of the bucket. I will still see if I can get the stock venture to work as well.

When I pull the sending unit from my truck it might be different then ill swap parts over to it.
That's tough to say if the return would be enough. You want fresh cool fuel. Being return, you could use the return to be a pressure of some sort for the venturi. You would have to test it on the bench first. Something like this would work too https://tougetuning.com/shop/radium-...-jet-pump-kit/

And sweet find on those pumps!
Old 06-15-2017, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone know if the fuel tank can be flipped around? If part of the fuel starvation under hard acceleration is because the pump is mounted in the front wonder if its worth moving to the rear.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

You'd have to route new evap lines and somehow make the fuel fill hose work again with limited space between the bed and frame.

I say just keep the tank above half and you shouldn't have a single worry about fuel. You'll have 12+ gallons in there still if you have the 26 gallon tank.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Un-Registered User

Originally Posted by crashmymax
Anyone know if the fuel tank can be flipped around? If part of the fuel starvation under hard acceleration is because the pump is mounted in the front wonder if its worth moving to the rear.
Haven't tried it, but there are humps molded into the top of the tank that form to the cross members of the frame. The main part with the hard acceleration other have is from holes in the bucket. As long as you don't have holes in the bucket and a way to keep the bucket full (Venturi), hard acceleration and 1/4 tank problems will not exist. I run mine down to the light and still maintain full pressure. Out of curiosity how much power are you putting down or planning to put down?
Old 06-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Un-Registered User

Originally Posted by FFDP
You'd have to route new evap lines and somehow make the fuel fill hose work again with limited space between the bed and frame.

I say just keep the tank above half and you shouldn't have a single worry about fuel. You'll have 12+ gallons in there still if you have the 26 gallon tank.
He only has one E85 station around him and said filling up at half a tank would not be an option.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FFDP

Sounds like going to a fuel cell would be easier then swapping the tank around. Half tank would be almost impossible and i dont trust myself to pay enough attention to stay out of it below half. E85 goes fast in my truck.

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
Haven't tried it, but there are humps molded into the top of the tank that form to the cross members of the frame. The main part with the hard acceleration other have is from holes in the bucket. As long as you don't have holes in the bucket and a way to keep the bucket full (Venturi), hard acceleration and 1/4 tank problems will not exist. I run mine down to the light and still maintain full pressure. Out of curiosity how much power are you putting down or planning to put down?
Im planning about 7-800 hp to the wheels.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

I did not know these existed until now why not use something like this? Do they work as advertised? Other than the price is there any other downside to using a surge tank.
MPFST, Multi-Pump Fuel Surge Tank
Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First cons that come to my mind are. $800 extra for the dual setup assembled which gives you double the risk of a fuel pump failure. Plus cost of additional wiring harnesses. AT that point i would see about a fuel cell with sump setup personally.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 03chevytruck
First cons that come to my mind are. $800 extra for the dual setup assembled which gives you double the risk of a fuel pump failure. Plus cost of additional wiring harnesses. AT that point i would see about a fuel cell with sump setup personally.
Building a dual pump setup anyway as well as running new -8 lines for feed and return plus wiring. Only thing I would be adding is a the surge tank. Will have to check into fuel cells and compare cost. Or I can stick with my original plan and figure out a way to make the Venturi work. The end result is what is most important I want it to be reliable to a 1/4 tank or less.

Quick Reply: Dual pump build ?