PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FUEL SYSTEMS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/fuel-systems-210/)
-   -   Burrs inside ebay fuel rails.... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/fuel-systems-210/burrs-inside-ebay-fuel-rails-538022/)

GMCtrk 06-09-2015 05:42 PM

Burrs inside ebay fuel rails....

1 Attachment(s)
Got the ebay truck rails that a few on here are running. But one of the rails has some nasty burrs inside the injector holes, include 1 fairly sizable piece of metal. The other rail doesn't have any large pieces sticking up but there's clearly irregularity around the holes and lack of deburring.

What you say, try and deburr myself? Complain to seller and return?

How do the inside of the Holley rails look?

Attachment 91759

TXsilverado 06-09-2015 05:52 PM

could spend $10 on a honing tool and run it through to clean it out. I'd probably return them myself.

ezdaar 06-09-2015 06:14 PM

use a gun barrel patch holder and a rifle barrel rod with some 1k wet dry paper..
chuck it in drill, dip rail into a bucket with soapy water while spinning the tool and all shavings andf paper debris will magicaly leave the rail.

Shotgun cotton barrel stick chucked in a drill covered in mothers works very well for polishing ID of tubes.

Bye bye burrs.

GMCtrk 06-09-2015 09:02 PM

Seller sending replacement rails.

zachm89 06-09-2015 09:37 PM

Inside of my Holley rails were smooth as could be. That sucks man. Glad they're making it right though, hope the next set comes out better.

GMCtrk 06-09-2015 09:42 PM

If the next ones aren't acceptable I will get the Holley rails.

From the pictures of the Holley brackets I've seen, it looks like the brackets supplied with these rails bolt onto the rails exactly the same...allowing Holley rails to be used on stock truck intake with proper injector spacing. Too bad the Holley rails come with -6 fittings.

Beatdown Z 01-23-2016 01:17 PM

Does anyone have a link to these ebay truck rails?

zblee 05-07-2018 12:54 PM

did you end up running these ebay ones or using the holley? im eyeballing the ebay ones because they come with brackets that work with the truck intake but the holley seem to need to have brackets made...

_zblee

92SS Wagon 05-11-2018 08:27 AM

why is everyone opposed to running stock rails? I see plenty of 900+ builds with factory rails. Just curious of the benefit of going aftermarket?

Burnett03 05-14-2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 92SS Wagon (Post 5439017)
why is everyone opposed to running stock rails? I see plenty of 900+ builds with factory rails. Just curious of the benefit of going aftermarket?

I went to the ebay rails because i wanted to run an external FPR. I got it all put together with the factory rails and a external FPR just to find out that my factory rails i bought were cracked and leaking. I bought another set of rails and it had a different sized FPR that wouldn't work with the plug that i got from atomic. So i said the hell with it and went with the ebay rails.