FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Brand new injector leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brand new injector leaking?

I was hoping to start the truck today. Got the turbo in and the engine back i after resealing it and adding arp studs and ls9 head gaskets. I also installed brand new Siemen deka 80lb injectors on the stock rail/intake manifold. Made spacers per sloppy mechanics. Primed the pump and noticed fuel pissing out of the top of one of the injectors where it meets the rail. Assumed i tore the oring so i pulled the rail off. Oring was fine. Re installed it and primed it again. Same thing. Fuel all over. Removed the rail again and installed a used oring in it's place. Same thing. Removed the rail again and moved the injector to another cylinder and primed the pump. Fuel leaking again where i moved it to. What gives? Bad injector right out of the box? Sure seems that way since it follows where i move it. I've had this damn rail off like 7x today. Anyone ever seen this before?
Old 03-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It definitely can happen. New just means untested! If you have accounted for all variables (swap o-rings from an injector that is not leaking, etc.) then it is probably bad. Can you see any visual defects/external damage to the end?

Lastly, did you buy the injectors from a reputable source??? I have heard of and seen a bunch of fake deka injectors off eBay and such. Those are total crap.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

The injectors are from a good source, they are 100% real. However my issue is not the injector. It's the rail. I swapped the rail and it's not leaking. I tried to go the cheap route and buy oem return rails and it's done nothing but cost me money. I could have bought a set of holley rails by now. First oem rails i bought were flex fuel rails and the fpr hole was smaller than normal ones. So Atomic's plug didn't fit them. So then i bought another set of rails from a member on here and now those rails leak when I install injectors in them. And i've had the rails apart so many times trying to get them to seal that the self tapping torx screw that holds the cross over tube down has pulled the threads out of the plastic rails. So what rails can i use that will bolt up to the stock truck manifold and work with the deka 80's?
Thanks guys.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

I don’t think running oem rails is being cheap, you just got a bad deal. What kind of HP are you shootings for?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Around 600. But i like to future proof because i know i'll want more later down the road. I'm done dealing with the factory rails. Just not worth it anymore. Found some aftermarket rails that i can make work and i'll go with those. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Glad you figured it out. I try to run stock rails if possible, but when the odd combination or really big horsepower requires it, I really like the aeromotive rails...but as you have seen, there are TONS of fuel rails available. Really, the only things you have to consider are Injector height vs type of intake manifold and how you want to adapt and plumb the fuel lines if your keeping any of the stock fuel system.