FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Bosch 210lbs injectors vs I.D & FIC

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bosch 210lbs injectors vs I.D & FIC

The FIC1000cc's are not big enough and I'm in need of bigger injectors. I'd like to hear from everyone on here that are running the Bosch 210lb CNG E85 injectors and how they are liking them. I've done a ton of research on these injectors but really not finding much info with people running these injectors and would like to know more about them. These injectors are more than half the price of the competitors. I know that ID and FIC all flow match and do custom work on thier injectors but is it worth the extra $700-$800 when people seem to be running Bosch 210lbs with no problems. So for the people running or past experience with these injectors please fill me in on them. I need to decide if I'm getting them or not.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2018, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of guys running 210's with no issues, just have to make sure they aren't china crap. Viren sells them for $544 and his are legit.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just confused as to why people spend $1800 on ID injectors when the Bosch 210s are working good for people at $544...is it just the peace of mind to people with the IDs that they are flow matched and are willing to pay that much more for them!? I feel like it's the whole ARP vs. Chinese headstuds, personal preference. Someone please win me over on how my $1250 sending more on ID injectors is gonna benefit me.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

I'm sure quality, spray pattern, data and things like that come into play.

You may be buying 210's but it's basically a given that they truly do not flow exactly 210lb/hr at whatever given fuel pressure. Finding exact voltage/offset data is likely not there as well. I haven't see a data sheet yet for them, where as if you bought ID's or FIC's they included the stuff to enter into HPT or EFI.

The bummer with such huge injectors and if you are running a stock computer is how crazy you have to scale the whole tune.

Not sure how big you really need to go but FIC has 130's for $995. Enough for some serious power for sure.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by gdbutcher
I'm just confused as to why people spend $1800 on ID injectors when the Bosch 210s are working good for people at $544...is it just the peace of mind to people with the IDs that they are flow matched and are willing to pay that much more for them!? I feel like it's the whole ARP vs. Chinese headstuds, personal preference. Someone please win me over on how my $1250 sending more on ID injectors is gonna benefit me.
Well for a proper comparison understand that ARP makes three grades of head studs, if you are comparing the standard pro series then they may be fairly similar. Problem is there is no actual data on what they are made of and treated to. ARP also makes the superior 2000 series and CA625’s. Will the Chinese ones work? Sure, till they fail. On that note people push 25-30psi on 4.8’s and stock bolts.
There is a lot more to an injector than what it flows at 100% DC, short pulse characteristics and offsets are important, as is consistent even flow at low pulses. It all comes down to how picky someone is, a good majority of people have no idea that their tune is being fudged to compensate for a sub par injector, and they may not care. I have never personally used the Bosch 210’s, I would like to tune a set to see how they act. I’ve used basically every other style, and a cheap injector will show its head real quick when tuning.

The bosch’s may work great, not saying they are an issue. Just pointing out other variables.