PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FUEL SYSTEMS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/fuel-systems-210/)
-   -   Anybody tried running lingenfelter fpr plug? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/fuel-systems-210/anybody-tried-running-lingenfelter-fpr-plug-548546/)

jtphelps289 04-02-2017 02:20 PM

Anybody tried running lingenfelter fpr plug?

Just came across this doing so research and was curious has anybody tried running one of these plugs in place of the in tank fpr and setup a regulator off the rails with a bigger pump in the bucket and staying return less and the fpcm intact or will they still not function properly setup like this ?

LPE Fuel Pressure Regulator Plug Corvette LS1 LS6 LS2 LS3 LS7 03-13: Lingenfelter Performance Engineering

jtphelps289 04-03-2017 06:03 PM

Nothing?

03sierraslt 04-03-2017 08:02 PM

Atomic Fab and performance makes one also, he is a site sponsor. It's a nice Billet aluminium piece.

jtphelps289 04-03-2017 10:58 PM

I've seen that was just curious if anybody has put them through some tests still return less and using fpcm

mcfarlnd 04-04-2017 11:17 PM

Depends on what vehicle this is for. I know my pressure regulator in my 07 NNBS non flex does not look the same. It is smaller in diameter. I've been researching a lot on this over the past few months, trying to source individual 09+ CTSV 5 bar regulators although they are larger in diameter as well. With the new capability of HPTuners being able to reprogram the FPCM, it helps with removing the need of going return style (NA or Boost) if you can get it to raise the pressure safely I.e different regulator. On a high flow pump and reprogrammed FPCM, I'll bet over time, without replacing the stock regulator, the regulator will weaken and eventually just open up at lower pressures. I would think this would also result in less flow of your new pump and overheating it by constantly overworking to maintain pressure. As for the block off, My question; Is this safe to do with returnless style system? What will relieve over pressure? How well will the FPCM react to pressure spikes (fast? Slow?) Will it cause erratic fuel pressure?

jtphelps289 04-05-2017 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd (Post 5405078)
Depends on what vehicle this is for. I know my pressure regulator in my 07 NNBS non flex does not look the same. It is smaller in diameter. I've been researching a lot on this over the past few months, trying to source individual 09+ CTSV 5 bar regulators although they are larger in diameter as well. With the new capability of HPTuners being able to reprogram the FPCM, it helps with removing the need of going return style (NA or Boost) if you can get it to raise the pressure safely I.e different regulator. On a high flow pump and reprogrammed FPCM, I'll bet over time, without replacing the stock regulator, the regulator will weaken and eventually just open up at lower pressures. I would think this would also result in less flow of your new pump and overheating it by constantly overworking to maintain pressure. As for the block off, My question; Is this safe to do with returnless style system? What will relieve over pressure? How well will the FPCM react to pressure spikes (fast? Slow?) Will it cause erratic fuel pressure?

Im trying to check it out for a '10 flex fuel bucket. Those were basically my thoughts and concerns but I would think if the fpcm is functioning properly then those shouldn't be a problem because it's going to control the demand for fuel and boost or reduce the voltage to the pump to control the fuel to prevent it in my thinking about it. I have no idea if I am right or not though which is why I'm search of answers and guidance. I wouldn't mind going return I just don't have the extra funds at the moment.

Any thoughts or input on this deal Atomic? If itll work and I do try this route I will be getting the plug from you

mcfarlnd 04-06-2017 04:40 PM

I think his plug is for the regulator on the rail early GMT800. Not in the tank. I have found a place to make a regulator that will be NPT threaded on both ends. Going to find a bucket to cut up to see if this will work but, gonna have 2 made after I get the dimensions. One with the ZR-1 6 bar pressure relief and a CTSV 5 bar pressure relief. Hoping to be able to remove the original and thread this one into the bucket.

jtphelps289 04-06-2017 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd (Post 5405293)
I think his plug is for the regulator on the rail early GMT800. Not in the tank.

Yea that's what I was thinking his was which was why i was curious about the one I posted in the link? The lingenfelter description refers to theirs as being the in tank block off plug and it had.me thinking if it would work like I mentioned in my earlier posts to do away with the in tank fpr and run my boost referenced fpr and it actually work like its supposed to still using the fpcm?. The fuel system confuses the shit out of me or I just over think it one of the two. That was also another thought of mine was if you could just swap to the zr1 or ctsv in tank regulators since they're set much higher

mcfarlnd 04-07-2017 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by jtphelps289 (Post 5405294)
Yea that's what I was thinking his was which was why i was curious about the one I posted in the link? The lingenfelter description refers to theirs as being the in tank block off plug and it had.me thinking if it would work like I mentioned in my earlier posts to do away with the in tank fpr and run my boost referenced fpr and it actually work like its supposed to still using the fpcm?. The fuel system confuses the shit out of me or I just over think it one of the two. That was also another thought of mine was if you could just swap to the zr1 or ctsv in tank regulators since they're set much higher

You could definitely swap to the ZR1 or CTSV regulator as long as they fit. I will tell you though, they are not easy to find and not sold separately. You would then just need to program the FSCM for higher/ variable pressures. As for the external regulator, assuming your going return style?, most just bypass the FSCM and use the power wire to turn on your pump and set it up like the older GMT 800 trucks. Use the old pressure line for return and add a new feed line or use the existing pressure line and add a return to the bucket. Remove the fuse for FSCM and then disable the codes. There are quite a few write ups here for the return style. Now, you could probably block off the in tank and keep it PWM with an external regulator but, IMO if I am putting that much effort into it, I'd just end up bypassing the FSCM and go with boost reference. I just like being difficult and want to keep the stock fuel system in tact, FSCM and full functionality of PWM. The only issue is the regulator (don't want to just block it off) and I will soon have a solution for it.

mcfarlnd 04-07-2017 09:32 AM

Just re-read your post. Yes, you will want to block off the in tank regulator if using that external regulator. Then, set the regulator for whatever pressure you want and then reprogram the FSCM. Regulator will make no difference if it's in the tank or not. Just don't hook up the boost reference because, i imagine trying to have PWM up the pressure along with the boost reference would confuse the system. The computer will be trying to lower the pressure because the regulator is raising pressure due to boost reference? Choose one or the other.