FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

2007 2500hd Classic 6.0 Fuel Pump Time

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 2500hd Classic 6.0 Fuel Pump Time

So I finally paid my 2007 2500HD Classic off. It's time to start taking better care of it. I've just ordered a mess of parts for the front end to get it going down the road straight again, some other needed parts, and new wheels and tires. I'm also wanting to put a new fuel pump in it as well. I've ran it almost dry, a few times, out in the middle of no where on a couple of hunts. I know it it's only a matter of time before the stock fuel pump gives up on me. So I figure I better upgrade it now. Can someone share a link on a how to for the pump upgrade for my truck? And maybe a recommendation on what pump I should purchase? Also do I have a returnless fuel system on my truck? I've tried searching, but I'm not to good at it. My upgrades are in my sig. I'd like to have enough fuel pump for future upgrades, but I never plan on going over 500-550 hp. Thanks so much for your time.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Ok I've been reading as much as I can, but still a little uncertain. I've found that a walbro 255L should be able to handle what I'm going to do with my motor hp wise. I've also found a few how to's with pictures on similar trucks. I'm confident in the removal and installation. But I've found several walbro 255L pumps, and I'm not sure which one will fit my truck. Will this pump fit my application? Thanks.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gca758-2
Old 12-15-2016, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PowellSixO
Ok I've been reading as much as I can, but still a little uncertain. I've found that a walbro 255L should be able to handle what I'm going to do with my motor hp wise. I've also found a few how to's with pictures on similar trucks. I'm confident in the removal and installation. But I've found several walbro 255L pumps, and I'm not sure which one will fit my truck. Will this pump fit my application? Thanks.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gca758-2
Contact TI Automotive (makers of Walbro pumps) directly. They have performance complete drop in modules for most of our trucks. It comes with a 255lph pump. Their website also has a catalog that you can find your vehicle in the list for the setup.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

I've found plenty of drop in fuel pumps, but not really what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to find a pump I can put in my bucket with slight modifications. I've seen multiple threads where guys modify their buckets to put a walbro 255 fuel pump in, and make it work. But what I can't find is a part number for the pump I should buy. They make a few different 255 fuel pumps. Im not a rich man, so I'm trying to do this on a budget. I have plenty of other things I need to do to my truck, and my money tree is refusing to put out.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

From what i have seen a drop a walbro 255 complete drop in pump on ebay is 225.00, a pump kit with all you need was about 115-150 for the 75.00 ish more if it was me i would just do the complete plug n play pump. Plus its ten times easier and less work. Plus you know it will work perfectly..
Old 12-20-2016, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by flatblack83
From what i have seen a drop a walbro 255 complete drop in pump on ebay is 225.00, a pump kit with all you need was about 115-150 for the 75.00 ish more if it was me i would just do the complete plug n play pump. Plus its ten times easier and less work. Plus you know it will work perfectly..
Thanks for the help flatblack83. I've decided to just order a drop in pump like you said. I've decided to go with the holly 255 lph drop in pump. Then I don't have to worry about it not working properly like you said.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/h...500-hd-classic