PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Foreign Performance Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/foreign-performance-discussion-116/)
-   -   Nissan titan performance? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/foreign-performance-discussion-116/nissan-titan-performance-453255/)

ZQ8Dude 12-09-2009 03:32 PM

Nissan titan performance?

Are there good bolt on parts for these trucks and good performance potential? The local dealer had a sign that said they were doing 8,000 off of nissan titans and i'm gonna go look at them today.

00ChevyScott 12-09-2009 03:35 PM

Look at all the threads/posts by this guy

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...er.php?u=76371

really fast titan

Snacktime 12-12-2009 04:38 PM

Titan is playing catch up since the market change. Basic bolt 2wd will get you low 14's. Cams are another $2000 for another good drop in time, then $4500 or so for a trans. Performance is there at twice the price of chevy parts.

Great trucks when they came out, since then everyone has newer models. If you want something you can offroad then a titan is perfect(lots of long travel stuff and great coil over support).

If I could get myself a work truck a titan would be it. Cheap, can tow, and built fairly well. Also I would say it will last longer than a chevy, nissan has really done a good job on the titans after the long production run.

ZQ8Dude 12-14-2009 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Snacktime (Post 4351435)
Titan is playing catch up since the market change. Basic bolt 2wd will get you low 14's. Cams are another $2000 for another good drop in time, then $4500 or so for a trans. Performance is there at twice the price of chevy parts.

Great trucks when they came out, since then everyone has newer models. If you want something you can offroad then a titan is perfect(lots of long travel stuff and great coil over support).

If I could get myself a work truck a titan would be it. Cheap, can tow, and built fairly well. Also I would say it will last longer than a chevy, nissan has really done a good job on the titans after the long production run.

The dealer nearly had me in one. Very nice trucks, but mpg just plain sucks. Basically i walked in and said i was just looking and wanted to see what it would cost/how much i could get out the door for. My goal was to be in the realm of 200-230$ a month. The salesmen pretty much said "nope, not at the fullsize pricepoint". Of course things change when i say i have 9k on top of my truck trade-in to put down on the new truck. He runs some numbers and i sit down with their general manager. He pulls up auction price on my 04' colorado and says "well, auction price on this car shows 5400, if i give you 10k for it, will you buy a truck with us?" All said and done i would've walked away with a brand new titan SE and paying 160$ a month for 60months.

Unfortunately i just can't stomach 13mpg. I believe the ford lightning does better then that

I don't doubt that the nissan will last a long time, but i think argueing the longevitiy is kinda tough to say, we've seen that both can make trucks that last damn near forever. If anything i'd say its a marginal difference on each side

Toomnymods 04-13-2011 10:14 PM

even fully modded mine gets better than 13mpg.. it gets closer to 14-15 in town and 18-19 on the highway

bout the same as any fullsize 5,600 lb truck

06Sierra2 04-14-2011 12:20 PM

theres a guy i know here who races one. full exhaust, intake, tune, lsd, ran mid 13s at sar. not bad and he gets better than 13 on the highway. who said 13mpg?? i almost bought a titan but couldnt find a good deal on one and i found my truck as a repo so i pulled the trigger on my gmc. titans have good power for a stock truck but im glad i went gm bc they are cheaper to make fast. how much would the monthly payments be on a new chevy 6.2 if you got 10k for ur truck and put 9k down?

Toomnymods 04-14-2011 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 06Sierra2 (Post 4682319)
theres a guy i know here who races one. full exhaust, intake, tune, lsd, ran mid 13s at sar. not bad and he gets better than 13 on the highway. who said 13mpg?? i almost bought a titan but couldnt find a good deal on one and i found my truck as a repo so i pulled the trigger on my gmc. titans have good power for a stock truck but im glad i went gm bc they are cheaper to make fast. how much would the monthly payments be on a new chevy 6.2 if you got 10k for ur truck and put 9k down?

Without Jim wolf cams or headers he isn't running no mid 13's....

06Sierra2 04-17-2011 02:19 AM

he has headers

Burgundy&TanMan 09-11-2011 11:20 PM

My bro-n-law had a crew-cab 4wd and it got terrible mileage for a 1/2 ton truck IMO. He did average 14.6 with a mix of town and highway driving (prolly 70%city/30%highway).

Titanupgirl425 01-19-2012 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snacktime (Post 4351435)

Im not sure where you got your numbers.. im full bolt on... and tune.. no cams yet and we just ran 13.6 @ fontana in a 1200 DA.... planning to run a 13.3 at sacramento soon with no cams....