collage is going good 3.7 GPA so i guess im not the dumbest guy out here lol
Originally Posted by smokeshow
Oh well thats sweet
Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
....This is too much..
Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what the hell, i never was a strong speller, always more mechanical inclined....i just made one hell of an idiot out of my self.....damn it

Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JesseByrd
what the hell, i never was a strong speller, always more mechanical inclined....i just made one hell of an idiot out of my self.....damn it

hahaha, if the thread was something about mechanical items, I doubt anyone would have said anything, but you were talking about an institution of higher learning and didn't spell college correctly.

just bustin your ***** mayng, as far as the thread goes, 2300 is way overkill...go with a 1900 + heads/cam/intake and all the bolt ons with a solid tune and you should have a healthy FUN ride!

Ws6Luvr
Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Ok, back on topic. Why are you dead set on a 2300? For a stock motor a 1900 will push you quite aways and you can find them selling in the classifieds much more often.

I would think long and hard before starting to try a build like this while in college, I was in college once too and its just too much at once. Projects like this can get expensive fast, when you plan to push a decent amount of power then plan to spend some money or have 3-4k laying around to drop at a moments notice on a trans or motor. If that is a issue then you are going to have a truck that may not be running. Obviously you know what you have to work with better then we do, just some friendly advise from someone that has been through it.

AWESOME advice! wait till you're done with college, at most finish all the bolt on's now and be happy with it...more power = more broken parts = $$$
Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

i guess i should step back my dreams a little bit, i guess being on this forum just put some bad ideas in my head, i would still really like a 2300 on top of a LQ4 and I'm still going to try to but if money falls short its not going to happen, like i said before i don't really plan on swapping the motor in right off, just would like to have it built while i still have access to the tools and machines here then hopefully take out the LM7 and stock 4l60e and swap in the new when i have the money to get the other supporting mods and whatever else i may brake after

also i just really hate making myself look like an idiot, but i do see the irony in it and its funny
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I was just giving you a hard time... Good luck with your build, I hope to be running a magnacharger in a few years also.

And I wish I got to learn how to rebuild transmissions and axles in college... I get to pay guys like you to do that for me. Yipee.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whipple 2.9 is another option
Old 07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

thanks KC-Kid...good luck on yours too

i thought about the whipple but it seemed like people here prefer the mag, although i do hear that the twin screw of the whipple is more efficient than the tvs...and i would assume the whipple is more expensive, maybe i'm wrong i didn't really look into them
Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

i guess i should step back my dreams a little bit, i guess being on this forum just put some bad ideas in my head, i would still really like a 2300 on top of a LQ4 and I'm still going to try to but if money falls short its not going to happen, like i said before i don't really plan on swapping the motor in right off, just would like to have it built while i still have access to the tools and machines here then hopefully take out the LM7 and stock 4l60e and swap in the new when i have the money to get the other supporting mods and whatever else i may brake after

also i just really hate making myself look like an idiot, but i do see the irony in it and its funny
I say buy what you want the first time so you don't have to buy it twice. If you want a 2300, save for it and get the 2300. If your anything like me you wont be happy if you short change yourself.

just and fyi, jackshaft cathedral head 2300's are very hard to come by as they were never officially produced but there are a few made to order setups out there

Whatever you decide brother, best of luck to ya!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

i got to say moregrip it was your thread ( the one that started in 05 ish) that got me on this forum and inspired my plans for my truck...i try to shoot big on my plans so if i fall short ill still have something to show for it...im kinda thrilled you commented on this thread lol

and whenever i look up anything on google about the tvs2300 on a silverado it seems to always lead to you lol