PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FORCED INDUCTION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/)
-   -   Turbo or procharger (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/turbo-procharger-434112/)

maze2525 02-03-2009 03:44 PM

Turbo or procharger

Ok i have a 05 Chevy 5.3 4x4 its my dd.. But im lookn for more power i know nothing about a trubo. Im just lookn for info on witch one would be better for a dd and power and cams for either one the pros and cons

gmc6.0 02-03-2009 03:50 PM

well hey i have a sts turbo setup for you send me a pm if your interested....

viciousknid 02-03-2009 03:56 PM

Do a search to learn about each one.
If you still can't decide. Flip a Coin.

rgvsierra 02-03-2009 04:24 PM

i have a D1SC in my 07 4x4 CC, i like it alot. i have no problems roasting my 33" MTZ's.
only con is i'm gonna have to buy some new tires sooner than i thought.. :burn:

TrickTurbo 02-03-2009 05:50 PM

I likes the turbo, but I have a new Magnacharger might fit the bill.

trever1t 02-03-2009 06:25 PM

Trubo Charge it! :P

You left a lot on the table...what about Magnacharger or any of the other supercharger systems (are there others?) There are hundreds of pages on this site regarding the answers you seek. Start reading my friend, your head is surely to explode with info. :D

Chris10an 02-05-2009 05:59 PM

Use the Compressor if you use it to daily driving. A good charger for that truck is the P1-SC from Procharger. Very easy to add or take off. Lifting the engine up to a level where it's fun to drive and the use of fuel is normal. The Supercharger is from the beginning of the torq, the turbocharge comes later. Its cooler sound in the charger. ether way they both raise your engine hp. The one system "turbo" works on the exhaust and the other one goes to the crank. If you go for the turbo you have the heat to handle. Charger is only cold air.

WJ MARK 02-05-2009 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chris10an (Post 4120621)
Use the Compressor if you use it to daily driving. A good charger for that truck is the P1-SC from Procharger. Very easy to add or take off. Lifting the engine up to a level where it's fun to drive and the use of fuel is normal. The Supercharger is from the beginning of the torq, the turbocharge comes later. Its cooler sound in the charger. ether way they both raise your engine hp. The one system "turbo" works on the exhaust and the other one goes to the crank. If you go for the turbo you have the heat to handle. Charger is only cold air.

I beg to differ. blowers create heat also.

Mangled03gmc 02-05-2009 06:26 PM

You must first decide exactly what you want out of your truck.. A turbo is awsome, so is a blower. IMO unless you want to run a stall, you will be happy with the turbo over the procharger. Now if you want to run a nice stall, it is hard to tell. I love my procharger... This subject has been beat to death. Try a search for it, you will have days of reading ahead of you

WJ MARK 02-05-2009 11:06 PM

I having had both vote for the turbo. I had a Procharger with a stall and my turbo would easily out-perform it at the same boost level.. This is also with 3000 stall and without.