FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Trick turbo installation and review

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by YAMAHAGUY
Cool, that would be my preference.

I don't see any heat wrap or blanket. Are you not concerned with the heat from turbo and hot side?

Do you have a max boost psi expectation or just HP numbers?

I'm curious how much boost and HP your factory pump will be able to support.
I have a blanket for the turbo and some heat shield for the a/c line just have not got that far yet. I only looking for 450 to 500 hp I think probably around 7 psi. I am really worried about my transmission so not going to push things to hard. Its a flex fuel pump so I am hoping it will be enough to reach my goals.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll be interesting what your tuner comes up with. I guess those flex pumps can support more than the non-flex pumps and E85 would give you some more hp.

Yeah, probably start looking/saving for a 80 swap or a really good build on your current trans.

Everyone says once you get a feel for a little boost you'll be doubling your original boost :-).

Well keep us updated, looks like fun.

Last edited by YAMAHAGUY; 02-11-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was logging 600 rwhp on my stock FF pump a few weeks ago...pressure only dropped a couple lbs
Old 02-11-2016, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YAMAHAGUY
Haha....no luck. It's priced pretty good, but nothing. As soon as I buy a truck I'll get the rest of the parts and order a kit from Trick or Spike or KB. A lot of great feedback on all kits. I don't like the WG mounted underneath the truck in the crossover pipe and Mario from Spike said he could make the kit with a top mounted WG.
picture wg where spike make
Old 02-11-2016, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
picture wg where spike make
If you're asking for a picture of a Spike kit with a top mounted WG, I don't have one. If you contacted Mario at Spike he could probably get you one.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

You thought about splicing water lines and extended them to run under the coolant res out of the way and out of sight.

I also put a breather on the passenger side head vac line and put a one way check valve on the drivers side one going from intake to back of the head to keep the boost out of their not sure if you intend on doing that?

I would not waste my time with a 60e. Get a god 80e or th400 works to but not recommended for a daily driver no overdrive.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice job man. Keep on it. I think you'll need more that 7psi for 450. Mines at 12 psi and I made just under 500 wheel. I think 8 psi made like 420ish on my truck.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

The a/c lines kicked my butt. so here is what I did hope it helps the next guy. they actually move a considerable amount.

first pic they are in factory location. The high and low side are at the same height above the battery tray.

next is a picture of the line next to the accumulator it needs to be moved toward the pass fender and down. also need to move the small (high side I think) up there is a small clip holding to the body. this will alow the large line to go under the battery tray.

you also need to move the line down at the compressor toward the firewall and down this will give you slack in the line to get away from the wastegate recirculation pipe. The only thing I need to change is the line is resting on the body I will need to tweek a little more to get some clearance there.

I have a solid 2" between the turbo and the a/c line and at least an inch between the piping and the a/c line.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmymax
The a/c lines kicked my butt. so here is what I did hope it helps the next guy. they actually move a considerable amount.

first pic they are in factory location. The high and low side are at the same height above the battery tray.

next is a picture of the line next to the accumulator it needs to be moved toward the pass fender and down. also need to move the small (high side I think) up there is a small clip holding to the body. this will alow the large line to go under the battery tray.

you also need to move the line down at the compressor toward the firewall and down this will give you slack in the line to get away from the wastegate recirculation pipe. The only thing I need to change is the line is resting on the body I will need to tweek a little more to get some clearance there.

I have a solid 2" between the turbo and the a/c line and at least an inch between the piping and the a/c line.

I'd wrap/protect that line just to be sure.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Yep kit came with wrap.

Quick Reply: Trick turbo installation and review