FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Top street performance intake manifold?

Old 02-19-2017, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Top street performance intake manifold?

What do you guys think of the 102mm intake and throttle body from TSP looks similar to ones with bad reviews. I am mostly interested in it for looks. Just want to make sure it will hold up to forced induction and not be a downgrade. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-19-2017, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

To me it's a waste of money as the stock intake/throttle body has been proven not to really care what boost you throw at it and still make stupid power.

TSP says it will handle 25psi of boost, so it can work if you wanted it too. It just comes down to the cost of the intake and having to fork over more to get a matching throttle body.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FFDP
To me it's a waste of money as the stock intake/throttle body has been proven not to really care what boost you throw at it and still make stupid power.

TSP says it will handle 25psi of boost, so it can work if you wanted it too. It just comes down to the cost of the intake and having to fork over more to get a matching throttle body.
If it won't hurt performance I will probably get it. Its used and comes with throttle body and rails. Just want something I can powdercoat.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:44 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Nevermind...........I thought you where speaking of a different intake.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP
^ This right here, best bang for the buck is the TBSS/NNBS intakes. As stated they make stupid power boosted and N/A and a complete setup can be had for far less then an aftermarket intake
Old 02-20-2017, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmymax
What do you guys think of the 102mm intake and throttle body from TSP looks similar to ones with bad reviews. I am mostly interested in it for looks. Just want to make sure it will hold up to forced induction and not be a downgrade. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
I guess everyone sort of read over that. It looks like a nice intake. Go for it!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:15 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I would ask how thick the material is?
And is it warrantied again failure do to boost.
If throttle body is in a different location you will need to rework cold pipe.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MrHorsepowerLSx
^ This right here, best bang for the buck is the TBSS/NNBS intakes. As stated they make stupid power boosted and N/A and a complete setup can be had for far less then an aftermarket intake
Already have NNBS intake but they are very unappealing to the eye.

Originally Posted by TrickTurbo
I would ask how thick the material is?
And is it warrantied again failure do to boost.
If throttle body is in a different location you will need to rework cold pipe.
Here is a link. It is 3.5mm aluminum
LS1 / LS2 / LS6 Cathedral Port Straight Angle 102mm Fabricated Aluminum Intake Manifold - Top Street Performance | Free Shipping over $100

Sale thread.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...e-body-547920/
Old 02-20-2017, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

OVERVIEW

Top Street Performance is proud to offer a one-year warranty.
We designed our fabricated aluminum intake manifold to improve the look and performance of your LS engine. It features a 102mm throttle body opening for maximum air flow. The runners are velocity stacked, allowing air to move more smoothly at high velocities. The manifold is constructed of 3.5mm thick T-6061 aluminum and is TIG welded to ensure consistent strength and performance. Individual port o-rings guarantee a good seal with the cylinder heads and throttle body. Available in clear or black anodized finishes, this manifold will also give your engine bay a nice, clean aesthetic.

Quality hand-welding ensures premium build-quality and reliability.
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION

The first thing people notice when taking a closer at our intake manifold is the beautiful TIG (tungsten inert gas) welding throughout - all done by hand. This ensures solid construction that won't fail under stress. The head flanges are 7/16" thick, and the plenum is constructed of 3.5mm T-6061 aluminum, which means it can easily handle up to 25 lbs of boost - more than enough for most street performance applications.

This fabricated aluminum intake manifold features a 102mm throttle body opening for maximum airflow.
INTELLIGENT DESIGN

In addition to the premium build quality, our fabricated manifold includes intelligent design features that set it apart from the rest. A 102mm throttle body opening and velocity-stacked intake runners guarantee maximum airflow for high-horsepower applications, and individual port o-rings ensure a tight seal to your cylinder heads. We've also recently lowered the overall height and added a slight angle to the throttle body opening to allow for fitment in more applications.

SPECIFICATIONS

INJECTION STYLE Multi-port
FUEL RAIL TYPE Custom TSP Design
FUEL RAILS INCLUDED No
THROTTLE BODY BORE SIZE 102mm
THROTTLE BODY BOLT PATTERN Standard OE 4-Bolt Pattern
THROTTLE BODY FLANGE ANGLE 0°
THROTTLE BODY INCLUDED No
FLANGE MATERIAL T-6061 Billet Aluminum
PLENUM THICKNESS 3.5mm
PLENUM MATERIAL T-6061 Sheet Aluminum
VACUUM PORTS NPT 1/8 x 3 and NPT 1/4 x 1
OVERALL HEIGHT 6 3/4"
INCLUDED Port O-Rings and Hardware
FITMENT

CHEVROLET SMALL BLOCK V8 GEN. III/IV (LS-BASED)

4.8 L / 293 in3 (LR4)
5.3 L / 325 in3 (L33, L59, LM4, LM7)
5.7 L / 346 in3 (LS1, LS6)
6.0 L / 364 in3 (LQ4, LQ9, LS2)
NOTES

Fits LS-based engines with "cathedral" intake port shape only
Due to transverse engine configuration, fitment on LS4 would require significant modification
Old 02-20-2017, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

There are a ton of these things out there here is one from holley. Trusted name but still vague on discription.s
https://www.holley.com/products/ls_p...s/parts/820042

Search this Thread