PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FORCED INDUCTION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/)
-   -   New to superchargers, which one (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/new-superchargers-one-551765/)

atvmxer13 02-12-2018 01:36 PM

New to superchargers, which one

I am leaving the world of Diesel trucks and moving to gas. Looking for more punch a little quicker. Going to be doing a new 6.2 Silverado. So many different opinions on brands. Leaning towards a Whipple but am totally open to, and wanting, more educated opinions. Obviously looking for the most power along with, hopefully, the least amount of problems. I appreciate your time and knowledge on this.

FFDP 02-12-2018 01:44 PM

You can't go wrong with a Whipple or a TVS2300 on a 6.2. Both will make great power no matter what on a completely stock engine.

What it will really come down too is the tuning, that's where all your drive ability, fuel mileage, engine and transmission performance will come from.

Also you will be limited on power to a certain point if you are talking about buying a 2014+ 6.2 truck. The fuel systems can only go so far but if you just want to slap a blower on it with regular pump gas it should be fine.

atvmxer13 02-12-2018 06:31 PM

You have sparked my interest. What would be the next "stage" or step after just bolting on? Are the hp and torque gains worth it?

smokinlmm 02-12-2018 07:39 PM

Lt4 fuel system. If you want big hp easily get an older truck.

Torqstorm 02-13-2018 08:10 AM

Check out our line of supercharger kits. We have a dependable street blower with a limited lifetime warranty.
TorqStorm Superchargers

Torqstorm

Mercier 02-13-2018 08:14 AM

I'm looking head-on at the same issue. Can you guys verify a few things:

Is the fuel system exactly the same between L83, L86, LT1? (is there any incremental increase before jumping to LT4 parts?)
Real-world headroom gain from a "+X%" cam fuel lobe?

Thanks.

97audia4 02-04-2019 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Torqstorm (Post 5431447)
Check out our line of supercharger kits. We have a dependable street blower with a limited lifetime warranty.
TorqStorm Superchargers

Torqstorm

Do you have a kit for the Yukon 6.2 from 09 to 14? I also noticed your kits have a bracket for the trans cooler, has it been tested to fit a tru cool 40k?

FFDP 02-04-2019 10:56 PM

I can tell you this, the bracket fits the 5.3/6.2 engine block.

What becomes custom is the intake piping and filter. Not even the kit for the 09-06 trucks is what you would call complete. It's up to the user to fab up the intake, weld on the BOV and anything else for the MAF or intake air temp sensor.

I bought a kit for my 2012 truck, installed it for test fitting and it worked. I never got around to moving the coolant overflow for more room and creating the intake and filter setup. The NNBS trucks and SUV's do have less room than the early gen trucks that's for sure. If you can fab stuff and make it work you could do it if you wanted too. I'm still trying to sell my kit because I don't even own that truck anymore.

Torqstorm 02-05-2019 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 97audia4 (Post 5456830)
Do you have a kit for the Yukon 6.2 from 09 to 14? I also noticed your kits have a bracket for the trans cooler, has it been tested to fit a tru cool 40k?

Yes our kit will work on the 07-13. We do not have a bracket for the trans cooler. You may be referring to Strictly Performance intercooler setup they offer for our supercharger kits.

Torqstorm