PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FORCED INDUCTION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/)
-   -   looks like i need dual pumps now (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/looks-like-i-need-dual-pumps-now-444821/)

nonnieselman 07-20-2009 10:49 PM

looks like i need dual pumps now

We went out playing at our spot, after getting the fuel sorted out on 6psi so i started uping the boost.

Before all that i noticed that it comes into boost faster but the power doesnt come on till 3800ish.
its alot more noticable on 10psi.

i turned the knob one more time to 12psi, i was on my street tires so i couldnt really see how it would leave the line. But once it got goin, it pulls like stupid. but after the shift it seems to bog some then the power comes back on hard.

i made several passes to see if i could notice anything on the logs, but nothing. Fuel seems to be consistant. I had my meth on just incase but the AFR stayed at 11.0-11.2 and my timing didnt jump much to make that big of a bog.

I turned the boost back down to about 9-10psi and hooked the nitrous bottle up. Lets just say it go fast....
i turned the meth up higher so it would come on sooner just incase. but i rolled on it so i could be at the bottom of 2nd before i sprayed. it rolled on out like nothing ive ever been in. It was fun :D at around 70 (4000rpms where the boost power comes on) it broke them loose.
So i sprayed it about 4 more times haha.

Dunno what a single Walbro intank 255 is up for, but im goin to go duals so i wont have to worry about it.

Also need a stall now, ive added timing down low and it helped a lil, but i got some stuff to figure out.

Mangled03gmc 07-20-2009 10:55 PM

Holy shit Jon that is some serious hp... You gona spend a dick load on a dual pump bucket unless your making your own. i would suggest doing the big intank bosch like i did.. it was cheap and on;y took a lil modding of the bucket to get it in and rolling...

nonnieselman 07-20-2009 11:04 PM

Im goin to make it fit... Ranwalk had his setup with duals and it worked just fine.
I dunno what that single Bosch will support.

Im lookin at some logs when i was starting out rolling into about 100' past the starting line at half throttle so it would be in boost and once it hit 2nd gear i would spray it. Logs show about 105-108 mph when i let out before the end. so yea its making a ton of power, just need a stall so i can leave better and a good shift extension so i can keep up in the nice power band.

silver-mod-o 07-24-2009 09:16 AM

Eh, prolly still slow ;)

Twin 255s or that 044 will probably suit you fine. Put the slicks on and see what its really got :)

05crew 08-08-2009 07:26 PM

what did you ever do? how much will that single pump support?

A Low Dime 08-08-2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by nonnieselman (Post 4249776)
It was fun :D at around 70 (4000rpms where the boost power comes on) it broke them loose.
So i sprayed it about 4 more times haha.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

So what size shot did you spray on top of 10psi?

nonnieselman 08-18-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by 05crew (Post 4262734)
what did you ever do? how much will that single pump support?

i still have the single Walbro 255 in it so far.. pressure hasnt dropped yet on 12psi or 10psi and 50 shot.

Originally Posted by A Low Dime (Post 4262752)
:rotflmao::rotflmao:

So what size shot did you spray on top of 10psi?

50 shot :D

JakeBrakeIH 08-18-2009 06:03 PM

post some pics up on your install when you do it...I need to do the same with mine and would be nice to have an idea on how to do it...

nonnieselman 08-18-2009 06:21 PM

aight!

i got the Bosch 044 sittin in the truck.. and i got a bucket from a friend so ill be able to install it in the bucket then just do a quick swap when i get a minute.

SRT10KLLR 08-18-2009 08:32 PM

J, if I read your posts correctly you currently have no fuel problems, right? At up to 12 PSI you are at 11-11.2 A/F and the fuel pressure is not dropping. So you are just wanting to upgrade just in case or to add more boost.

With how well one Walbro 255 is working why not go with the dual Walbro setup like the ones Nasty/Lonnie sells? I like how it only kicks the second pump on after a certain boost level that way it doesn't heat up the fuel too much by flowing too much and having to return it to the tank.