FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Horse power vs. Suspension = ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Are you planing to use the 4wd on the street for traction? If so, skip the traction bars and lower it a little. You need to keep the front axle shafts and tie rods as flat as possible or it will jump all over the place when you try to do a 4wd launch as the front wheels toe in a TON when you have a bunch of angle in the driveline components.

If you're set on lifting it, then you need a lift kit with a front axle drop to keep your axles as flat as possible.

If you're going to get traction bars anyway, get the VAS traction bars. Best bang for the buck and he's my buddy, lol.
I always launch in 4x4 and at my current level the truck already pulls hard to the left at launch. My main goal is performance so I will skip the lift since it effects things negatively. Will the traction bars help in more of a roll race situation when I cant get it into 4x4? Do you know what the magic number is for lowering to get things as straight as possible?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you could sneak lowering shackles in the back without the wife noticing to level it out lower a little. Get some new wheels and tires and blame it on just looking lower.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also you could just do whatever you want and get your wife a new set of nikes, tell her it's your truck and if she doesn't like, give her the Nikes and tell her she can walk. lol
Old 02-20-2018, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

The traction bars will help you when you're in 2wd to keep it from axle wrapping and wheel hop.

Just look at the axles and tie rods and you'll see how much it need lowered to get them as strait as possible.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kbracing96
The traction bars will help you when you're in 2wd to keep it from axle wrapping and wheel hop.

Just look at the axles and tie rods and you'll see how much it need lowered to get them as strait as possible.
Sure going to make me measure.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your truck is never going to handle well...its a truck. I'm lifted 5" with 35s and a 75mm turbo at only 6 psi and absolutely love surprising people on the street. Nobody expects a lifted gasser to get up and go. If you're worried about tires eating up power just turn up the boost (assuming you already have the supporting mods in place). Just my .02.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:43 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Having had a 6" lifted truck on 35s with a 408 with a PT88 turbo (700ish), it was still slow. The tires just killed it.

You want it lowered around 1-2" in front and around 2-3" in the rear. If she thinks thats too much, show her this is why you want the CVs flat for a 4wd launch (this is mine):

Coilovers would be your best option for a handling solution, and you can get around 4" drop to 3" lift just depending what shock and spring you use. Luckily I know a guy that could hook you up
Old 02-25-2018, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

[/quote]You want it lowered around 1-2" in front and around 2-3" in the rear.

Coilovers would be your best option for a handling solution, and you can get around 4" drop to 3" lift just depending what shock and spring you use. Luckily I know a guy that could hook you up [/QUOTE]

I thinks this is what I am going to do. If I drop 2" in the front with your coil overs what will be needed to drop the rear 4 ish? Will I be getting into notchinh the frame. I'm out of town till Thursday but when I get back I'll do some measurements and get things ordered. Thanks
Old 02-25-2018, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmymax
I thinks this is what I am going to do. If I drop 2" in the front with your coil overs what will be needed to drop the rear 4 ish? Will I be getting into notchinh the frame. I'm out of town till Thursday but when I get back I'll do some measurements and get things ordered. Thanks
For the back, take the 2" lift blocks out and use the 2wd u-bolts and then just get 2" drop shackles from autozone, easy! lol That's what I've done with my truck and I also have Atomic's coilovers on the front. I think it looks killer. I also put helper bags in the back so i can still put a good load on it and then just air them up.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Don't forget the ladder rack for the sleeper look...
The following users liked this post:
Atomic (02-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Horse power vs. Suspension = ?